Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,760   Online: 874
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    jeffreyfina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    4
    Again, such overwhelming amount of people helping. Very good stuff.

    Here is a high res image of a scanned image. I had used a filter, but the same issue is happening without the filter.

    The Product information is this:
    Ilford MGIV Multigrade IV FB Fiber Matt
    CAT 183 3919
    MG4FR5K

    I was also talking to a member last night on APUG chat room and asked him the same question. He thought it may be the individual enlarger. My ultimate goal here is to find out the issue and eliminate it. Others I develop with (in the same chemicals and all) do not have this issue. Two others in another class and myself have the issue. I will test a new enlarger on monday to see if that is the "killer."

    Thanks again for all the responses and who would have thought I would get a comment back from the actual Ilford Director!!
    Last edited by jeffreyfina; 02-01-2007 at 07:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  2. #12
    jeffreyfina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    4
    Well I tried another enlarger and no streaks. It is odd and my professor still does not believe it was the enlarger. Non the less, I will not be using the one that causes me issues.

  3. #13
    matti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    652
    Images
    13
    I once got banding when I didn't mount the lens board correctly. It leaked light. It didn't look like your image, though, but might be worth checking out.
    /matti

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9
    It looks to me as though your image didn't develop fully. Maybe you should make up a fresh bath of developer.

    I do remember from my own experience that chemicals get abused very, very badly in student darkrooms. At my university, the only remedy was to work when nobody else was in the darkrooms and buy my own fix. The fix they had was re-used and, in my opinion, totally useless.

    Though with you, as I said, it seems to be the developer that's gone off or maybe has been mixed with stop or fix.

    Simon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin