Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,988   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Howard Bond's efficient method is to deveop, acid stop,fix, place in a tray of dilute wash aid to hold and then selenium tone in a solution of 6 oz. selenium toner in 1 gal. wash aid then wash. It really works well and I have never had a streak or miscoloration since I learned this from him...EC

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I should add that this is with Ilford MG IV..EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish there was such a thing as a non-acid stop bath. That water rinse runs against the grain of my new water consumtion policy.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. I will go with the procedure suggested by Monophoto and introduce Hypoclear.
    /matti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I wish there was such a thing as a non-acid stop bath. That water rinse runs against the grain of my new water consumtion policy.
    The Film Developing Cookbook alludes to attempts by some individuals to make an alkaline stop, but I do not know if anything was successful.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Try using a water stop, that could work.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    just fill fill the tray with water and soak the print. I use citric acid also to help kill the smell of the darkroom.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After fixing with TF4, I go straight to the combined working solution of hypo clearing agent and selenium toner. I have not experienced any problems with this method.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I go from either multi contrast developer or Neutol wa to stop and then film strength Kodak or Agfa fix (1:3) for 60 seconds with fibre base paper. Then I rinse of the print with a few changes of water and finish the printing session with about 10 prints. If I can finish up by the next morning I leave them soaking in a tray then wash again for a few minutes. Then I tone in selenium and follow with Perma wash for about 15 minutes, rinse until the Formulary residual hypo test shows no stain -usually 15 to 20 minutes in 68 centigrade water. I find that if I do a second fix, it takes forever to show no residual fix stain, so I cut out that step. I never have stains however sometimes I get some colourless fingerprints on the prints which I attribute to just being sloppy and touching the image area of the prints. I'm not trying to bore you with all this, I'm no expert, but I always worry about this process. I can't stand wasting water and if I run the tap for 30 to 60 minutes with warm water mixed in to keep the temp around 20 degress, it uses up all the hot water and other household chores can't be done. ( Not to mention the power wasted. If I used only cold water it would be well below 50 fahrenheit as the Toronto water is always quite cold. Any suggestions...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is it possible to use an acid stop bath and TF4 with some sort of alkaline buffer between those steps...like water with baking soda or something?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin