Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,894   Online: 1142

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    Unless of course you have modified your 45MX with a 7"x9" Aristo cold light head which now sits atop the negative carrier which has a 1/2" space between light and carrier.

Sorry, I didn't remember what the 45 used to look like.
    Steve, do you have a picture of that set up?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.schwarzweiss-magazin.de/s...me_aktuell.htm

Kaltlicht Quelle für V-Geräte.
    A price list is also in the article incl. some photos.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Steve, do you have a picture of that set up?
    Sorry, I don't have a pix. Enlarger is still packed away while DR is under construciton.

I'll try to find a standard pix and describe the setup, it is not too difficult to do.
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I don't have a pix. Enlarger is still packed away while DR is under construciton.

I'll try to find a standard pix and describe the setup, it is not too difficult to do.
    That would be great.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That would be great.

I am not able to drag a picture of a MX over here.

Very basically, remove the top section of bellows, where this support for the bellows bolts onto the sliding chassis I made a support which bolted onto the chassis in the same manner. An Aristo 7.5" x 9" Cold light sits over an opening which allows exactly a 5x7 negative to project through.

When I began using the blue / green method of split printing I raised the cold light 1/2" about the aluminum support to allow the plastic gels to rest on top of the glass negative carrirer there by controlling the color of the illumination without impacting the projected image quality.

Hope this helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not able to drag a picture of a MX over here.

Very basically, remove the top section of bellows, where this support for the bellows bolts onto the sliding chassis I made a support which bolted onto the chassis in the same manner. An Aristo 7.5" x 9" Cold light sits over an opening which allows exactly a 5x7 negative to project through.

When I began using the blue / green method of split printing I raised the cold light 1/2" about the aluminum support to allow the plastic gels to rest on top of the glass negative carrirer there by controlling the color of the illumination without impacting the projected image quality.

Hope this helps
    Hmmm...I have the upper bellows completely compressed...I don't make use of it. I didn't ever consider that it might be removable. I could construct a replacement for it that houses filtration, perhaps....

I'll be examining the assembly more closely. What I'd like is a slide-through drawer that moves from left to right with three sections. Soft filtration/no filtration/hard filtration.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What I'd like is a slide-through drawer that moves from left to right with three sections. Soft filtration/no filtration/hard filtration.
    That sounds like a great idea

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll let you know what sort of prototype seems feasible after I've examined the assembly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought this extra Beseler 45 head to convert to a 5x7 and if I were to actually use a cold light head on it I would want to do split grade filtering. I have some heads, 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10. and the Aristo D2 on the 45m in my darkroom. They are all made by Aristo. I'm under the weather; can you tell me again what the reason for removing the top bellows, which is not used with cold light heads? Oh my I just answered my own question. A filter box goes there! I was thinking the upper bellows was under the negative holder. Duh! That sounds like about the only way to do it neatly. I don't have a glass holder, did I hear that someone had one in use with this filter system and is is necessary? This Beseler head part is for design/cutting/destruction/prototype purposes as I don't want to go to town on my working enlarger.

What is needed is a 1/2 inch box of similar perimeter dimensions of the top bellows with slots or rectangular openings for a filter holder that will hold the filters and is light tight and allows the filters to easily slide into the the light path. Am I getting it right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03224.jpg   DSC03224 copy.jpg   DSC03228.jpg  
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Great pix to illustrate how the light source is secured.

The picture on the far right shows a side view of what I am talking about. The top portion which secures with two larger bolts is removed. I had an aluminum tray of sorts made which supports a 7.5" x 9" Aristo cold light, the light sits above the support on 1/2" spacers to allow each filter to be used as needed.

The top piece of bright aluminum is removed and all that remains is the lower piece. This then becomes a hinged jaw which allows for a negative carrier to be inserted. I took a piece of thin picture frame glass and cut it to size to fit in above the "jaw". On top of the glass is the same size piece of white plexiglass (greatly reduces dust spotting). These two pieces are then hinged with tape.

The key to it's success is black electrical tape is just slightly larger than the 5x7 negtaive. The black tape is outlined on both the glass and white plexi, when carrier is close the tape sits on top of one another providing a thin space between negatvie and plexi. WIth no downward pressure on the negatvie the negatvie just sits on the clear glass and virtually elimnates any Newton Rings, at least in my experience.

With the added space the carrier creates when "jaw" is closed I took some foam insulation tape about 1/4" x 1/4 and adhere it to bright aluminum jaw. The tape also becomes the guide to centering the negatvie carrier under cold light.

This may not look like a factory made set up, but it works perfectly with nice even illumination and abiltiy to split print with Roco theatre gels for very low out of pocket $$.

Hope this helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin