Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,244   Online: 971

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes please let me know where you got this film, thanks.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Yes please let me know where you got this film, thanks.
    While trying to google for an answer, I'm starting to doubt.

I bought some Efke 820, not MACO 820. More googling confuses me more... is it the same product under a different name?...

Not where I bought it, but at least a link to a shop.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those two are different. Test samples of the Maco 820 was sent out to volunteer testers early this year but i never heard that this film was being released.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Those two are different. Test samples of the Maco 820 was sent out to volunteer testers early this year but i never heard that this film was being released.

jan
    I see... Thanks for putting that right. My apologies for causing... ...confusion.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    I see... Thanks for putting that right. My apologies for causing... ...confusion.
    Ok, now I'm confused.

"This is the exact same formulation you knew as Maco IR820c Precision Infrared film."

quoted from here:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000002383

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As I recall, when I got the test sample, the accompanying letter explicitly stated that it was a new film. I shot some 4x5s with it and put them in the gallery.

Last I heard , they were deciding whether to introduce it to replace the current Rollei IR film or to introduce it as a separate film. I complained that the base was too thin (really hard to load and process) and was told that when it is introduced, it'll be on a base as thick as R3,which would be great. My feeling is that it is about 2 stops faster over the range of a #87 filter, so I'd be happy to see it, but haven't heard another peep from the company.

Anyway, whatever is out now is not the same thing as the prototype that was sent around for testing.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "This is the exact same formulation you knew as Maco IR820c Precision Infrared film."
    Yes, that is correct and that is why Maco desided to come out with their own Infra red film which i understand is based on an aerial film base from Agfa.
    Still not the same film.

jan

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope all posters except me have fully understood the situation and can now explain it to me. We had an announcement to start the thread in Feb and numerous posts folllowed, then nothing for months, then a re-start but nothing from the original poster. If it has been launched then I'd have thought the good news would have made it onto APUG and this thread in particular. So in plain English what is the situation?

Maybe Robert from Fotohuis and WR Schmalfuss could assist here?

I admit to be thoroughly confused by most of the European situation, especially Rollei, Maco, Efke, new Agfa MCP etc. Anyone care to offer an idiots' guide article which covers the situation.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe Robert from Fotohuis and WR Schmalfuss could assist here?
    Good idea

Due to all new market developments, the IR project is re-scheduled.
    Rollei/Maco has a succesfull Rollei IR 820/400 film with great results.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...lleiIR-400.pdf

examples:
    http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/thumbnails.php?album=2
    http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/thumbnails.php?album=10

The old Maco IR820C last production run was in 2003. This film is based on an extended red sensitized Efke 100 film.
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/IR820c.pdf
    In 2002 there was a special version (Aura) without A.H. layer.

This year Efke decided to try on their own to reproduce this concept with slightly modified organic sensitizers: Efke IR820 film.
    This film is close to the Maco IR820C produced also by Fotochemika (Efke ) till 2003.

Still (again) in business: Ilford SFX 200 but on 35mm and 120 roll film only.
    They are pretty good in packing high sensitive IR films, therefore the Rollei IR 820/400 120 roll film version is packed by Harman/Ilford.

Due to the fact Kodak has discontinued HIE our Fotohuis has organized all int. Partners, Rollei/Maco (Germany)- Foma Bohemia S.R.O. (Czech Republic) - Moersch Photochemie (Germany) etc. to introduce a new high sensitive IR film on ALL formats.
    The risk for such a film project is high, it's difficult to make and more multi-language technicians are involved.
    However two main EU manufacturers have this technology, so we will not ask Kodak for assistance

In the mean time Rollei/Maco has to replace their Retro films, based on the latest production run of Agfa APX 35mm material (135 micron). This stock will be depleted somewhere in 2008.
    Therefore at the Photokina 2008 a new Rollei SUPER PAN 200 will be introduced.
    Wolfgang Moersch from Moersch Photochemie just tested a pre-liminary version of this film.
    Here are the first results, published in the German APHOG forum:
    http://www.aphog.de/index.php?option...d=214&Itemid=1

It is also possible to do some IR photography with this new Rollei film which will be the "back bone" general purpose Rollei film for the near future.
    Both IR 820/400, SUPER PAN 200, ATP V1.1 Technical Pan are produced by Gevaert in Belgium.
    The last film is a replacement and successor of the Kodak Technical Pan film. Very suitable (low contrast) developers for this T.P. film are:
    Rollei Low Contrast (RLC) E.I. 12-25, Moersch UGI (E.I. 12-25), SPUR Technospeed (E.I. 20-40) while the last one is int. sold under Rollei ATP developer.
    Rodinal 1+150 is also possible around iso 12-20.

Here is our lastest Rollei development table:
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...ei%20films.pdf

I hope to be informative for you and we also whish all our customers a Merry X-Mas and a happy New Year.
    I hope that we all can continue on the best photo materials available in 2008!

Best regards from the Netherlands,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting information; thanks, Robert!

shuttr.net

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin