Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 857

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Berger MCCB paper

can anyone compare Berger MCCB paper with ilford (MGIV Fiber Base) or (Warm Tone Fiber Base). I am intersted particularly in how Berger performs for portraits.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know about MCCB ( are you sure you have the right product name?), but I LOVE the VCCB paper. It is a beautiful warmtone paper for portrait work. It tones very well in a wide range of toners, and responds to different developers. For a warmtone finish, try the Ilford warmtone developer, or for something a little more neutral, go for Ansco 130. For a blue-black cold tone, try the Ilford Cooltone developer. To see some examples, check out the photo in my gallery here that is a ringaround test -

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=6785

Images
    I don't know MCCB either, but I love the VCCB. It has a deep warm tone, but the base is white. Only paper I know like that, but I don't know many. When I tested VCCB against other papers years ago, I found it to have blacker blacks than others, too. It is outstanding paper.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Will it still be available with the Forte closure?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is the critical question. I'm looking for alternatives while I can, just in case it goes away. I've heard good things about Kentmere Kentona, so I'm going to give it a try as well, but I'll keep on using the Bergger as long as it is available.

Shooter
    35mm
    MCCB is the matt version, IIRC. It's great, just like the VCCB, and yes, it'd be lovely for portraits. I'd also suggest that VCCB doesn't have the sheen that other glossy papers have and I might give it a try even if you normally like matt papers. It's really good stuff.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, the Matte version is VCCM. The VC stands for Variable Contrast. The second C is for Warmtone, N for Neutral, and B is Glossy, M is matte. It only comes in the following combinations:

VCCB
    VCNB
    VCCM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geee I do not know how it happened. The paper in question is VCCB.
    Thanks a lot guys for correcting and input, it is so helpfull to me.
    www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I know Berger is a company in Frence. Is it somehow connected with Forte?
    www.Leica-R.com

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel,
    Very much, i believe Forte made all paper and film for Bergger. The VCCB is very close to the Forte Polywarmtone but i believe on a heavier base. Don't know about other Bergger papers, VCCB is the only one i have used and like very much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin