Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,625   Online: 745

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Mike
    I have not been online here much lately and just spotted your postings.
    As Mark said, I haven't tried the dev you are using but it sounds like you would make life easier for yourself by getting the best ones for the job;-)
    It always hepls and I'm all for making things easy, especially to begin with as this increases success and gives you confidence that you can do it.

Your Agfa paper will work, as will your Polygrade. I can't remember about Multibrom - its many years since I tested it, or used it at all for that matter. I remember testing it and as it didn't make it into the list in the first book I guess it wasn't amongst the best for this process.

There were up to date lists of papers and developers in 'WOLP' of course, but even since January there have been some changes to that list and you have reminded me to say that I plan to post an update to the mailing list members on my WOLP website shortly and will be running some new test as soon as I can get the time, so if you are on that list, keep your eyes peeled. Perhaps I should post a 'heads up' thread to that effect on APUG.

Meanwhile, from the results you are posting, remember that some papers are much more sensitive than others to both aged (partly used) developer and higher dilutions, both of which can give stronger colours and enhanced toneability.

best wishes
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've lithed the Galerie 3 and 4. Pink and brown. Both were old boxes though, so I don't know if the newer stuff will work.

Something to consider when playing with different papers: you can test them to see if they have an accelerator or developer in the emulsion by putting a few drops of B on a test strip, and see if it turns black. If it does, then it's not considered "lithable." What I don't know is, if you develop one of these papers, is there enough developer in the paper to diffuse out and kill the lith effect of your soup? I ask because I've had sessions where I'm trying several different papers, and then go to a paper that I know will lith, and it doesn't! (Color, but no lith effect.)

I'd love to hear an opinion on this. (Sorry Mike, don't mean to hijack yer thread.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies!

Now I really have to try and post up a couple examples... I'll try the scanner tomorrow (in the middle of a couple of night shifts just now).

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim, I must apologize; I've stained your books. Nice pinks and salmons, though...

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tmike View Post
    Tim, I must apologize; I've stained your books. Nice pinks and salmons, though...

Cheers.
    That's OK. I didn't know they lithed ;-)
    Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin