Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,645   Online: 1130

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW:

I tried my best to get APX400 120 format working for me, but it never realy worked out: somehow the film was "unsharp" (if you can say that of a film).

In my hands it was realy a 200 asa film, and only with Rodinal I obtained acceptable sharpness at the expense of extra grain (I tested the film with differnt camera's and lenses, on a tripod etc..)

Anyway YMMV,

best,

Cor

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    It's kind of ironic that local NY customers have to pay more for the convenience of buying products locally than we do from the same vendors mail order, due to sales tax and public transportation fees to get to the store.
    PHOTOTONE,

Actually, it's less the cost then the "hassle" when you work in another part of town from the store. And since I spend weekends outside the City - which is somewhat immaterial since B&H is closed on Saturdays - mail order becomes a very attractive option.

Besides, as I said, B&H is NOT a pleasant shopping experience. The multi-stage entry and exit system is worse than visiting a jail. Add to that the clanging overhead basket-delivery system, the noise, the confusion etc. and it's a royal PIA if all you want to buy is a few rolls of film!

Folks who visit the City enjoy going to B&H because it is unique and they have good prices. But I guess familiarity breeds contempt - I'd much rather let my mouse do the shopping nowadays than put up with an actual visit to B&H (or Adorama for that matter).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Copake. I've found APX 400 to be good, GP film. It's the Agfa film I'll miss the least, tho'. Never had a problem with sharpness.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me neither, but then I've always used brews like PMK and dilute Perceptol which always give good sharpness. Once my last 100 rolls are used up then it's HP5 + for me, which has the further advantage of being available in sheet sizes. The old AP 400 5x4 film got me hooked on pyro just over 10 years ago......I printed that first neg on Record Rapid and it looks great. Ah well, time to go and stock up on Fortezo
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei Retro 100 and Retro 400 are made of the last production run 2005 and made of the 35mm raw material production.
    It's original Agfa APX100/400 (new) and available in 120 roll film format.

best regards,

Robert
    Last edited by Sean; 03-07-2007 at 04:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: removed advertisement

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Once again, Mr. Schmalfuss, could you please state whether you have any financial relationship or interest in Maco products? If you do, and if you want to make commercial announcements, or if you are simply a charitable vehicle for Maco's commercial announcements, then you or a representative of Maco should contact Sean about becoming an APUG sponsor, so that you can post these announcements in the Sponsors' forum.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin