Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,035   Online: 875

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Agfa APX 400 available....

Have no connection to this sale; just browsing eBay and found this.

Looks like a good price for some still-fresh film:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Agfa-APX-400-b-w...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or else one can buy Rollei Retro 400. Just look for a distributor on Maco's webpage.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DAMN!
    Maybe I should list all the 60 rolls of 120 APX 400 in my fridge for $3.70 a roll!!
    I can turn around an buy from B&H fresh TMAX 400 for $3.19
    or Fuji Neopan 400 for $2.74
    or Ilford Delta 400 for 2.99!

DOH!!!!

_..
    .._
    _ _
    _...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll just buy it from B&H for $2.99 a roll. Yes it's still in stock there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I'll just buy it from B&H for $2.99 a roll. Yes it's still in stock there.
    You know, location and convenience are funny things.

For example, if I want to schlep over to B&H (and deal with the crappy shopping experience you encounter there) I would have to pay $4.00 r/t on the subway, walk a few blocks and then pay 8-1/4% sales tax.

Then again, I could do as you do, and order it from them on-line. Excpet, unlike you, I'd have to pay the NY sales tax and also shipping at around what $12.00 or so?

Moral of this tale, don't confuse location with convenience or cost.

As for the other posts - I only said it was a "good" price and a FYI - what's the beef?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Or else one can buy Rollei Retro 400. Just look for a distributor on Maco's webpage.
    How much is Rollei Retro in the US? I think it costs somewhere near $6.50 per roll.I don't like the idea of paying that much money for re-branded AGFA, which Maco probably bought at fire-sale prices and then marked way up, when there are still so many excellent films still available for much less. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike Sullivan
    Last edited by Zathras; 03-05-2007 at 09:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    How much is Rollei Retro in the US? I think it is somewhere near $6.00 per roll. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike Sullivan
    I'm not sure, but it's somehow higher than the original APX prices because the latter were dumping-like.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    I'm not sure, but it's somehow higher than the original APX prices because the latter were dumping-like.
    It's a LOT higher than the original AGFA prices, and current Kodak and Ilford and Fuji, not to mention EFKE and Foma.:rolleyes: With that in mind, I can not justify spending the extra money just because it carries the name Rollei.

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Folks,

By starting this thread I was only trying to pass some info along.

For me, I've never tried Agfa APX 400 (in fact, I'm new to MF and so unfamilar with film types and prices etc.) and thought this seemed a fair price for my circumstances (as described above).

Sorry if folks got all in a dither.

To be honest, a quarter, half a buck or even a dollar per roll is not that important to me. I spend all day at work and savor my weekends when I don't have to go looking for film etc. I just have it there to shoot.

So, if I have to pay a few bucks more to get the stuff delivered hassle free to my door - I think that's great.

Life is too short now to have to worry about getting the "cheapest" price....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's kind of ironic that local NY customers have to pay more for the convenience of buying products locally than we do from the same vendors mail order, due to sales tax and public transportation fees to get to the store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin