Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,082   Online: 1118

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Got another care package today

My PR instructor gave me some odds and ends from his now de-commisioned dark room, this time powdered film developers. In particular the developers are ID-11, Perceptol and Microphen made in the 1980s.

The obvious question is are these still good? They were stored in a cool dry environment and the envelopes containing the chemicals are intact.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They should be, as long as its still sealed. I bought some Bromophen paper developer a while ago at a garage sale and it worked just fine. I think it must have been from the 70's, as the package to make 5 litres was originially priced at $1.29! I paid less

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    The obvious question is are these still good?
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The packages are sealed, I did pretty good.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you belive what Ilford tells, and there are no reason not to belive them, powder developers can last indefinately in powder form, of course if integrity of packadging is not compromised. So, you should have NO problems.

I know (by personal experience) that EFKE powder developer (old one, I think FR3 or like that) was excellent even when mixed after more than 20 years of sitting in not controlled storage conditions...
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin