Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,619   Posts: 1,647,712   Online: 778

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post

I think its time to close this thread and ban everyone who posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    40-50 digitals and no film today!

Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No frames today, in the darkroom as it was scheduled to be rainy, and eventually did. Got a walk in down to the stop sign and back while films were in the wash, but it was gloomy, and I'd shot 1/2 a roll with a loaner PEN EE yesterday on my walk down to the stop sign and back in some glorious springlike sunshine (not spring here yet, barely mud season) so didn't expect to see anything, and didn't. Will get out a bit tomorrow before classes and fire off a roll or two.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I'll post today like it was still last Saturday!

I shot three (3) rolls of Fuji Superia 400 (24 exp.) at the 25th wedding vow renewal of my brother and sister-in-law.

Not likely to shoot during this week as work is very busy. Maybe when the weekend comes around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On Sunday, it was Sunny!!!

How do you spell "hallelujah"??

Short on time, I still managed to shoot 2/3 of a 15 exposure roll.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I think its time to close this thread and ban everyone who posted.
    Gonna miss you JD....

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rpsawin View Post
    Gonna miss you JD....

Bob
    hehehe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    I shot 40 sheets 4x5 b/w, 3 rolls slides and 3 rolls 35mm b/w. Processed the 4x5. This was for a non-commercial bridge photography project I am working on.
    What would be interesting to know after this very long but unilluminating thread would be:
    1) How many images from this mammoth shoot were keepers and found their way into the final project?
    2) Just how valuable does the photographer feel it is to shoot pictures at all times of the day, considering that even in seasons other than summer, when the light angle is low most of the time, most people would stop shooting in the time around noon?
    3) Does this photographer have an opinion as to why other workers generally feel they are doing well to get one or two truly satisfying images from a day's work?

DKT

okay, well this is what I've done in the past week for work (albeit, we're in a production period right now with a tight deadline). I've shot 176 sheets of 4x5 b/w film and developed that. I started making prints yesterday. the guy I work with, shot 40 sheets of 4x5 b/w and EPN yesterday & this morning. he took the E6 to the lab, and we have about a dozen more things to shoot in b/w and then we'll run that film. we would have run the E6 in-house, if our machine hadn't of died last month, but that's another story.

of the 176 I shot--some were single sheets (one per set), the others were doubles (either a norm, plus 1/2 or two norms). I wound up with something like 120+ sets to print. I have to make 2-3 8x10s of each by the middle of this week for a rough edit, then we turn around and either farm out murals & large stuff and I'll make 8x10-20x24 in house off this stuff by the end of next month, mount it as well.

then after that, more to shoot and on & on...in addition to these exhibits, we're doing a book on antebellum furniture and shooting civil war flags also. it's all a mix of furniture & 3-d objects with old textiles and flat art. we usually proof on polaroid, and then burn film. there's very little that doesn't make the files. so, in my case, nearly every sheet's a keeper.

my opinions only/not my employers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot a roll of Fomapan, and like the results.
    http://www.pbase.com/mark_antony/ima...22961/original

I'm testing just about every type of film in my fridge and writing about them in my blog.
    http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin