Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,019   Online: 772

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ssp65 View Post
    I really don't mean to offend you but this is a rubbish question that is more typical of photo.net and other forums frequented by people who have nothing significant to say. This is a good forum visited by many people who are dedicated and serious about their photography and have valueable contributions to make. Forums like APUG are rare, if you don't have a serious question to ask, please don't post rubbish.

I know I have probably offended you (really not my intention) but the internet is full of this sort of stuff. APUG is a breath of fresh air and i would hate to see it go the way of so many other forums.

Steve
    Yes, if you are on APUG, chances are you are very serious about your photography. But come on, man. There's nothing wrong with this post. If anything, it maybe needs to be in one of the more casual forums, maybe not; either way, it is left up to the moderator of the forum to make that decision. These kinds of things are just a way for some people to see what others are up to. I liked it.

Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For 2-3 days trip photo, I shots about 20-30 sheet 4x5

Shooter
    35mm
    Shot about 2 to 3 exposures with my EOS 3 and HP5+. Taking my sweet time and enjoying every frame.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I printed :

1 24x30
    4 8x10's
    2 20 24's
    1 11x14

does that count?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Working on a writing deadline today, so no shooting, but I did shoot a dozen sheets of 4x5" family portraits yesterday, or rather I shot 9 and I showed my sister the basics of operating the 4x5" camera, and she shot 3 so I could be in the picture occasionally. She's an animator by profession with an art degree, working mostly with digital graphics, and she does some digital photography, so she had a lot of fun playing with the 4x5".
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really don't mean to offend you but this is a rubbish question that is more typical of photo.net and other forums frequented by people who have nothing significant to say. This is a good forum visited by many people who are dedicated and serious about their photography and have valueable contributions to make. Forums like APUG are rare, if you don't have a serious question to ask, please don't post rubbish.

I know I have probably offended you (really not my intention) but the internet is full of this sort of stuff. APUG is a breath of fresh air and i would hate to see it go the way of so many other forums.

Steve
    Yes, we could be talking about:
    "What is the last lens you brought?",
    "How many cameras do you have?",
    "Do you have GAS?",
    "What was the first camera you brought and how old were you?"
    "What is your LATEST 35mm purchase ...?"
    "How is your pet peeve?"
    and other lame subjects submitted by people with too much time on their hands. Shouldn't they be out taking photographs rather than wasting bandwidth?

Another Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No shooting for me this past weekend; the weekend before that I shot a roll of Scala at the beach. This is the best time to head for the shores in Jersey - not very cold, and you can have the entire beach to yourself! In summer, I don't even go near the shore towns.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

Steve
    I read the original question as one of the quantity-over-quality posts that crop up (too often), along similar lines to "I've got eight billion rolls of Ilfdak FP-X in my freezer". I couldn't care less how much or how many of something somebody's got or done. What's really important at the end of the day is whether anything worth having was produced.

Steve

PS - Why do we sat "couldn't care less" in UK whilst the expression seems to be "could care less" in the US?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm giving the photon's a break today. Storing them up for the weekend. But with the 11X14 it only takes me 5.2 sheets to burn as many silver halides as your 40.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I gave my new-to-me Century Master studio camera a workout over the weekend, and put about 20 sheets of 5x7 through it for a portrait project I'm working on. Once I can get some of the film souped, I'll be posting the results.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin