Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,450   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do contact Freestyle, they are really good about quality control problems. I have never had a problem so glaring, but I do believe that the QC from foma and other central european/eastern european brands is quite a bit worse than Ilford/Kodak/Fuji/etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    I know that Freestyle has a 100% satisfaction guarrantee. call them and they will eresolve the issue.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've gone through about 20 rolls of the stuff which I purchased a year ago to the date. I've had a few problems but the lines i've never experienced. I do roll mine _tight_ and even keep them in an empty m&m container or an airborne herbal drink container.

I've had the frame numbers intrude into the frame, i've had rolls which will not rewind in a pentax 645, or load for that matter. I've had rolls that start and end at different positions, etc. I personally don't care for the 400. I rate it at 200 and it works much better for me. The 100 is pretty decent. I still would rather stick with Tri-X or HP-5..

do a search, you'll find a real lot. probably a lot with me repeating myself often

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I feel for the person who needs to return 10-20-40, etc rolls-but they need to because this is a major manufacturing defect and it's not usable. The fact that 2 people using at least 3 cameras have the exact same issue tells me it's not synchronicity. It's a shame and useless if one can't trust their materials.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ive got a bit of that in my freezer and I'll shoot a roll to test it tomorrow. What's the lot number on the film with the line in it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a few rolls to pad my order for J&C's moving sale. I haven't experienced any glaring defects, but I'm reasonably sure the gunk I've seen now and then in the emulsion didn't come from me during processing.
    Good film for toy cameras, perhaps?
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    The arista edu.ultra 400 film boxes I still have from this order are imprinted:

4 2009

04256 2

Even if it was free it's too unpredictable to be useful. Return it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    i use the films from time to time and have found that with care in loading the camera I have lessened the problem to the point that it does not affect the image area.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used 10 rolls of the Ultra 100 and 10 rolls of the Ultra 200 in 120 plus 50 sheets of 4x5 Ultra 200 for my pinhole camera.
    Not a single problem here.
    But I just don't like it as well as Ilford.
    The Aritsa is cheap and fun to play (experiment) with but their registration marks for the 120 were off a little too.
    I'll still use it but not for anything really important.

:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I've never had this problem before and it was spotty in that I shot 10 rolls and found it on only 2 and those 2 were shot in different cameras and in different lighting situations (broad daylight and very subdued indoor light). It's the unpredictability of it that's really troubling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin