Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,525   Online: 792

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Problems with Arista EDU 400

I bought about 20 rolls of this stuff. I have shot it with both a Mamiya RZ and Hassy 500cm, and I have gotten this black line with both of the cameras. It has happened when developing at school and here at home, so I am ruling out that my tank is messed up, and that the camera has a light leak. I have shot around 3 rolls of this film without any problems, and have shot various rolls of print and slide film(color) and the line hasn't appeared. I am using d76 1:1 in a paterson tank. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had trouble with the film (Arista Edu (Hungary) and J&C Classic -- all Forte, I believe) being so loosely rolled that light leaks expose the edges even when the film is loaded/unloaded in subdued light. I've had entire frames fogged. I stopped using the film.

K.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    The exact same thing happened to me on 2 rolls from 2 different cameras..I'm out of the stuff but pretty pissed about it now that I see it wasn't ME and my new 'glowing hands' shiny Timex I was wearing when I rolled the stuff up..

I was using the edu.ultra 400 from the Czech Republic ...maybe title this thread WARNING:Arista.edu 400 Ultra
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobin View Post
    I've had trouble with the film (Arista Edu (Hungary) and J&C Classic -- all Forte, I believe) being so loosely rolled that light leaks expose the edges even when the film is loaded/unloaded in subdued light. I've had entire frames fogged. I stopped using the film.

K.
    how would that explain that line 1/4 of the way down from the top of the film? is it just shitty manufacturing?

Shooter
    35mm
    I used forte before, paper and film. I found their QC wasn't that great.
    I used the Ultra version (foma, from CZ), both paper and film (135 and 120). I had no problem with them at all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Funny thing is I don't recall EDU 100 has frame number pre printed on the neg...

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Mine was the edu ULTRA 'made in the Czech Republic' and it has the same #'s whereas the edu 'Made in Hungary' did not (nice film though).
    I'm getting a refund and not shooting any more of it.
    2 rolls ruined is a 1/2 day + wasted... to save $1.50 on TriX?
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah it is the ultra kind. i got it from freestyle photo. where do you buy yours and how are you getting a refund?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000000839

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by imjustintime View Post
    yeah it is the ultra kind. i got it from freestyle photo. where do you buy yours and how are you getting a refund?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000000839
    The "Arista" films, regardless of "Ultra" or "edu" or "AristaII" etc., are private labels used exclusively by Freestyle for their personal lines of b/w films, papers and chemicals. You get a refund from Freestyle. They have a very good gurantee. They have a 100% money back guarantee, IIRC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This bums me out. I just bought a bunch of this stuff. I guess you get what you pay for.

Patrick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin