Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,450   Posts: 1,643,563   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fomapan 200 in Diafine...

Has anyone ever tried developing Fomapan 200 in Diafine? If you did, what was the effective film speed increase you saw? I have briefly googled this and have found nothing, apart from a reference that rating it at 200 in Diafine resulted in negs that were almost too thick to scan.

I will be unable to get near a darkroom until the end of next month so all information would be much appreciated!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LukeH has posted several bracketed Foma in Diafine references in the Diafine group on Flickr:

Fomapan 100
    Fomapan T200
    Fomapan 400

You can read his comments, but he wasn't all that pleased with T200, while he liked 100 and 400 fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lachlan -- I found that there was about one stop extra "speed" (basing it on the midtones here) for the 35mm stuff, but that the 120 material, strangely, didn't get as much of a boost. Just my experience, of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Lachlan -- I found that there was about one stop extra "speed" (basing it on the midtones here) for the 35mm stuff, but that the 120 material, strangely, didn't get as much of a boost. Just my experience, of course.
    Thanks for the information!

Lachlan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin