Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,374   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No, I go through enough film that I have a bunch of empties. Do you want me to send you a couple 8x10's, Vinny?

Vaughn

http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...:180000:183000

The link is to some film boxes from Light Impressions -- don't know if they are 3 piece boxes, but they look like they'll keep out the light -- at ten bucks for an 8x10 box!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...:180000:183000

The link is to some film boxes from Light Impressions -- don't know if they are 3 piece boxes, but they look like they'll keep out the light -- at ten bucks for an 8x10 box!
    I think these are for storing processed film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike Walker (www.walkercameras.com) used to sell ABS versions of film boxes. I *think* there was an 8x10 version. The 4x5 boxes I have are smaller than a cardboard film box, about the same weight, and hold at least thirty sheets (although Mike recommended twenty).

They're not on his website since it was revamped a while back, but it might be worth contacting him to see if he does a run from time to time.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay View Post
    I think these are for storing processed film.
    I am also unsure -- they mention that they are thicker than the boxes supplied by film manufactorers, and they went to the trouble of making them black inside, so I am not really sure.

vaughn

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Have you seen this...

I have never purchased these but was considering it. I have delt with this company before with good results. The name of the Company is Bromwell Marketing and their website is http://www.bromwellmarketing.com/. Go to their accessory link and they advertise light tight film storage boxes. I'll ask Ted (the owner) about them next time I talk to him.

-Logan Group
    -Logan Group

Pacifism in the face of murderous barbarism is a self-correcting disorder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    J&C lists empty film boxes. When they reopen . . .

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I toured a few photo labs in my city looking for empty 4x5 boxes when I first got started. It really is a hassle when you're on your first box or two of film. I was putting exposed velvia sheets in my unexposed delta box, and vice versa (easy to sort out with the notches). Extra film holders helped a lot, because you can basically empty a box with one load if you've got a 10 box of film and at least 5 holders. This isn't so practical with ULF film obviously.

Now I've got a handful of empty boxes around and it's no problem. You just have to shoot and make do with weird solutions until you've gone through a box or two, or just shoot and process immediately out of the holders.

I don't think it would make much sense for companies to sell empty boxes for the 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 sizes, but for ULF maybe.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In my line of work I have had custom boxes made for special marketing promotions and mailers. Any box company (I worked with 2 in Salt Lake City) will make a triple lid construction and offer you several paper choices. All you gotta do is pay for a thousand or so

It's probably not a bad idea but too speculative for me to take on at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin