Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,146   Online: 928

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Unicolor drum and Rodinal

Hello All,
    As of now I have been using HC110 dilution B with Fomapan 100 for 7.5 minutes in my Unicolor drum with motor base and all is working well. I would like to use Rodinal or Calbe R09 and am wondering what would be the minimum amount of stock dev. that I need to process 4-4x5 sheets? I use 300ml at dilution B. I am interested in these developers at high dilution at about 1:100 so I figure 3ml of stock to 300ml of water should work. Is this enough stock to develope the negs correctly? Also I would appreciate any developing times that have worked. I will also be using 5x7 Arista EDU ultra 100.
    Thanks
    Arthur,NYC

Shooter
    35mm
    The usually quoted minimum is 5ml Rodinal for 80 sq. in. of film. The Unicolor drum will probably hold 500ml without it slopping out the spout.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    Hello All,
    As of now I have been using HC110 dilution B with Fomapan 100 for 7.5 minutes in my Unicolor drum with motor base and all is working well. I would like to use Rodinal or Calbe R09 and am wondering what would be the minimum amount of stock dev. that I need to process 4-4x5 sheets? I use 300ml at dilution B. I am interested in these developers at high dilution at about 1:100 so I figure 3ml of stock to 300ml of water should work. Is this enough stock to develope the negs correctly? Also I would appreciate any developing times that have worked. I will also be using 5x7 Arista EDU ultra 100.
    Thanks
    Arthur,NYC
    I've been using Rodinal 1:100 (3ml in 300ml) to do single rolls of 35mm film in SS tanks for 30 years. You can overdevelop the films I've tried with this concentration, so it's not exhausting the developer capacity. That film area is about equal to four sheets of 4x5. I think you'll find that many others do the same. You might get faster exhaustion with the developer being oxidized in a rotary drum, but there's one way you can find out for sure. Give it a go.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin