Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,525   Posts: 1,572,360   Online: 1033

Images

Compare Oriental Warmtone VC FB to Bergger VC CB?

Has anyone tried the Oriental Warmtone VC FB? How does it compare to Bergger VC CB? I have used the VC CB and like very much the white base with the warm black tones. I'm hoping Oriental's paper does this, too.

Thanks --LG--
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Oriental is very similar to Ilford's Warmtone. I've been using it and liking it, but if you want the more brown tones of the Bergger you may be disappointed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel View Post
    Has anyone tried the Oriental Warmtone VC FB? How does it compare to Bergger VC CB? I have used the VC CB and like very much the white base with the warm black tones. I'm hoping Oriental's paper does this, too.

Thanks --LG--
    I have used both papers and love them both. The Bergger will produce warmer tones depending upon selenium times and the Oriental warm tone possesses a little more punch in the tones and I can get a greater contrast range from the Oriental paper. The Oriental has a subtle warmth when toned and oddly enough seems to split tone while wet but dries down without any hint of split. The Begger also has a slightly greater dry down. Both are beautiful papers that I select depending upon the subject.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has Oriental recently changed their Warmtone paper or is it still only available in that not quite glossy surface?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin