Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,598   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KOG

Shooter
    Multi Format

Foma 35mm bulk film - Info needed

I purchased a 30,5 m roll of Fomapan T200 35mm. After 32 years of bulk loading film, I find that only Foma film does not fit the spindle of a Watson 100 bulk film loader.

The hole in the film roll is too big, and I am afraid that the film will make contact against the inside of the loader and scratch the film. I contacted Freestyle and Foma about this, but they don't think this is a problem. I'd like to make an adaptor to prevent film scratches.

Does anyone know what the inside diameter of the Foma 30,5 m film hub is?

Kevin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I do not know what the inside diameter is, but....if the film chamber is big enough, and you hold the loader upright, so the weight of the bulk roll is resting on the center spindle, and the bottom of the full spool of film does not touch the bottom wall of the loader then you should get no scratches. You can determine all this from touch in total darkness, so as to not spoil your film. If the full spool (core) of film does touch the bottom of the loader, then remove the film and put it in your paper safe or back into the can it came in, and build up the center spindle of the loader with a little duct tape. It may be a little trial and error, but it will work just fine.

KOG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have to screw around with duct tape, I can machine an adapter. But the real issue is that I shouldn't have to. Besides, every other bulk roll of film I've used didn't require such effort.

Kevin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello. I`m loading fomapan 200T almost every day. Never had problem with scratches on the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm using all three of the rebadged Foma films from Freestyle. Nice stuff, every one. Don't worry about machining an adapter. Hold the Watson loader flat instead of on it's side. I have the stuff loaded in Alden 74's which are very similarly designed. No scratches.

KOG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally got an answer from Freestyle.

The inside diameter of the Foma bulk roll is 1 inch.

That would amount to a lot of duct tape. Fortunately, I had a old core from a Kodak roll. Thank you "Great Yellow Father".

Good luck to the rest of you who don't use a Kodak hub. I hope you remain free of any film scratches.

Kevin.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am using a llyroid. No problem at all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Kevin,
    I was as you worried at first, but I did not get any scratches using an AP bulk loader.
    You can use it without spindle !
    In fact, the film may/will touch the inside of the loader which is smooth plastic. As there is no edges, or scratches on the plastic, nothing will scratch the film.
    Hope this helps

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are there frame numbers on bulk Foma/Arista Ultra.Edu?
    The camera is merely the means of capturing the image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are no frame numbers on the bulk rolls Arista.EDU Ultra film, and Freestyle publishes that fact. See here for teh ISO 100 version: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000000828. It's the same for the 200 and 400 versions of the film. Things might be different under the Foma label.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin