Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,083   Online: 969

Jobo Lift-does it "fit" all of the processors?

I wonder if I might ask a quick question of our members: Does the Jobo lift fit ALL of the processors? To be more specific, on another thread here I detailed that a transfer gear on a lift that came with a used CPP2 processor has come apart. I am waiting for a new transfer gear. However, I do have an unused lift that I never used with my CPE Plus processor. Will the lift sold with the CPE Plus procesor "fit" and be completely usable with expert tanks on the CPP2 processor? I would try to fit the lift on myself, but such item is in the hands of a third party who was preparing to sell my CPE Plus and the unused lift. I can, of course, reclaim the lift for immediate use!

I am hoping for a positive response so that I can get back to work in the darkroom!

Edwin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/products/lift.htm

looks like part numbers for cpe and cpp are different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both processors, and I can say that the lifts are totally different. They don't even attach in a similar manner.

PE

Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/products/lift.htm

looks like part numbers for cpe and cpp are different.
    Well said., and I saw that as well. However, there is a person selling a CPE with lift on that auction site. The lift is in the original box, and the box clearly states that the lift in the box would fit the CPA and CPP ( of course, same frame ), AND the CPE. What might be possible is that the "larger lift" (?) for the CPP and CPA would fit the CPE, but that a lift made specifically for the smaller CPE might NOT fit the larger CPP and CPA-make sense at all? I wrote to Omegasatter, and I am sure I will eventually get an answer. However, I certainly would prefer to get "the ball running" ASAP.

Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I have both processors, and I can say that the lifts are totally different. They don't even attach in a similar manner.

PE
    Thanks very much. I was hoping someone had both processors and would be able to take the time to look.

I'll try to post a link to the auction I alluded to so that others can move their mouse over the original box in question. If you have the time to take a look you will see why I am confused. Furthermore, the seller plainly states that the lift he is selling will fit all three Jobo models.

Edwin

OK....here is the item number for the CPE and lift on that site we all know.....what am I missing?

Edwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    The part numbers for the cogs themselves are the same ( near the bottom of: http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/instr...cpp-2_lift.htm) ...

Good luck, Bob.
    Whoops! My error: that is the CPP2 and CPA2 that are the same, not the CPE2 (deleted original post).

It appears that the box in the auction has two tick-boxes: one for the CPE2 and another for the CPP2 and CPA2. This generally means that the same box is used for both styles of lift - the dispatch people would normally put a mark in the circle to say which one is actually in the box.

Cheers, Bob.
    Last edited by Bob F.; 04-28-2007 at 10:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

By jove, I think you've got it! Evidently the box wasn't "ticked" leading one to believe that the lift might fit both. So, any buyer will be scre---. Just to be polite I think I'll send the seller a small note advising him of a possible mistake....THANKS!

Of course, I'm disappointed....was hoping I could get back to work without waiting for the new transfer gear.

Edwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin