Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,475   Online: 1115

Shooter
    Multi Format

How long will this last?

I mixed up a batch of Rodinal (50:1) in a 1/2 gallon jug for an afternoon of developing. One thing led to another and I didn't finish the session.I have about 1/3 of the working solution remaining.Just how long will it last in a tightly sealed plastic container?

Thank You

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends how quickly you drink it LOL
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd say no later than the end of the day, but I've never pushed it so I can't say for sure. Once it is diluted you have to use it up quickly

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike, I'd chuck it. Rodinal is cheap, water is even cheaper. It's not worth risking those precious images on.

Images
    If you want to find out, do it on some film you can afford to botch. Then you will know and can tell all of us who really do not know.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi G.G
    That might be worth a try.I'll shoot 1/2 roll of FP4+ and develop it in 2 day old Rodinal (working solution).
    These particular rolls were near & dear. Road trip with my old college pal.

Fear & Loathing Lives On

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd go along with Jim on this. It's as cheap as chips, and not worth risking a film in.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin