Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,264   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need the cans. You need a way to cut it to length and load the cans.

Neither is that big a problem but it would be nice if somebody still made loaded 15' lengths. Just a dream I know.

Shooter
    Medium Format

IMAX Film

IMAX is actually shot on 65mm negative film, perforated. The IMAX prints are on 70mm film. So this option won't work for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks

As I do mostly b+w I think I will pass on this back but thanks for all the posts and info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    As I do mostly b+w I think I will pass on this back but thanks for all the posts and info.
    Did you call Kodak? As I said, their online documentation states that Tri-X 400TX is supposedly available in 100ftx70mm rolls. From what I could find, this was the only B&W emulsion available in 70mm (with the exception of Efke, but it's unperf).
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did not indicate any 70mm Efke film, as Maco as one of their major customers doe not list it. But googeling a bit, it seems that at least it was around.
    Thus this will make roughly 4 tyes of B&W emulsions on 70mm base. Two of them unperforated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Michel I didn't contact Kodak, while the 70mm back would be very useful I have enough headaches with product availability in other formats. But thank you for your information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way, I found an old F-5 Kodak publication, "B&W films", and while it is a bit dated, the 70mm information they give for Tri-X is that it is unperforated. I would not suspect it has changed since, if it is still in production...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

lsk

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I shot and developed some 70mm perfed film today.It is Kodak 2476 .The prints look fine .I just stuck 5inch long pieces with double sticky tape in a 4x5 film holder and used like normal 4x5 in the Linhoff .I then developed the pieces in a tray in HC110 1-60 for 4 minutes at 22 deg C.I do not know if Kodak still makes the stuff,I got several 1200 ft rolls from work .

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

off topic

Isk,
    you have a long way to go with that films...
    Were you just playing around with that film, or are you prepared to use it regularly in such holders (for panoramas?). In case of the latter, how do you adjust for the correct focus?

lsk

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Agx,
    I just wanted to test the film to see if it was still good . The plan is to try and build a trimming device to cut it to the width of 120 for use in my medium format cameras . I did not have a problem with the focus ,as the tape I used is less than 0.1 mm thick . Shooting at F16 with a 240mm lens would certainly give me enough depth of field .Perhaps I should permanently modify a few 4x5 film holders to use for panoramic shots. Thanks for the tip!!
    lsk.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin