Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,716   Online: 981

Shooter
    Multi Format

WD2D+ / ACROS = NO DATA??

Wow. I can hardly believe it. I can't find info on this combination ANYWHERE!! Would anyone have a source on the film/dev combination?? The massive dev chart sure doesn't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    With this developer, you are not going to block highlights unless you try very hard. I would start at 10 minutes @ 68 degrees. After all, even that massive dev. chart are only someone elses recommendations. For my tastes, I do most film for 12 minutes @ 68 degrees. (Roll film in stainless steel roll film tank). WD2D negs look thin, but print well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that. I tried it already - at eight minutes, different dilutions. Weird subject though... so it was really hard to tell...

what was really weird on the massive dev chart was the number for acros with perceptol based on 1+2 dilution(!!) - it's NORMALLY 1+1 or 1+3. So - I suppose that's testament to it being 3rd party operated....
    Last edited by Sparky; 01-23-2008 at 01:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Wimberley=Wd2d+

Here is John's email address, tjwimberley@ashlandhome.net. He could help you since he developed the developer.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Robert. I found a reference on photo.net earlier, when I was doing the devving... to someone having good results from 8 mins with that combo.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    any updates with this combo?

i just bought some wd2d+ for my first pyro experience & would love any info you learned along the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think most of the 100 speed films were in the same ballpark as per formulary's recommendations. So I just used the average time - it seemed fine from what I could recall. I recall using it for 120 and for sheet film, once with each. Sorry I can't give you any more info than that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    are you still using it? or a different pyro? or did you find something else?

also, did you do the pre wash with LFN? how necessary is that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't even pre-SOAK - the last time. But I'm guessing it would help with evenness at short dev times. The LFN is just for fetish. It should help - in theory. i doubt you'd see any difference. I'm still working with some leftover perceptol as well... I use both - half and half.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin