Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,372   Online: 723

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure the fact it's hurting one company means it will hurt others. The lower price for Efke [well not here] might mean they had less room. Or the other companies may have longer term contracts. Personally I think it might be a good thing. The more users for the product [in this case the celluoid] may lead other companies to produce more of the celluoid. In the long run that may mean film will last longer.

Me I use cheap Agfa and leave these expensive films alone-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am highly suspect of their reason. Cellulose acetate is a mega-ton commodity, I really doubt that computer monitors would use that much acetate. The makers of Efke probably believe they will have better profits with Efke priced higher, and they are probably right. I would be willing to pay a little more as long as they improve their quality control.

--Aaron
    art is about managing compromise

I hate to say it, or even think it, but I'll bet you're right. This croation company sees that it's product is becoming popular among LF users and is looking to increase the profit margin....or maybe not.

A little more from my conversation with Mirko...

Efke is one of the major suppliers of Medical/Technical film throughout Europe and Asia. THIS is where they make their real money. The LF film industry is but a small part of the overall production capacity, but uses the same base material as X-ray film and other technical films.

I'd be interested to know how kany flat panel monitors are produced world wide in a year...I have know idea and couldn't begin to make an educated guess.
    - William Levitt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin