Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,728   Online: 814

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by psvensson View Post
    [...]I also found that claims of increased shadow speed to be doubtful at best - what I saw was that some of the films came out with high contrast. In other words, Diafine pushed them.
    yeah... my opinion of the results I've seen with Diafine is that I was better off ignoring the speeds recommended on the box and just shooting at manufacturer's recommended ISO.

Images
    I don't think the recommendations on the Diafine label were changed when the safety factor of ASA was changed. I was using at least twice box speed then, but the box was half what is is now for the same film. In other words, I think you are right, kmullet.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm
    "...at any temperature remotely comfortable to humans"

It is possible to underdevelop in Diafine by processing it at too cold a temperature. The box recommends, if I remember correctly, 70-85 degrees F. I used it at 60-something one time, not sure if it was closer to 60 or to 70, but I've been careful to keep it up to temperature ever since. Has anyone noticed any change in effect using hot diafine?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin