Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,209   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

J&C- gone forever?

http://www.jandcphoto.com/JandC/update.htm

This is so sad. John is a great guy and he provided a quality service. I hope he can resurface under a new company.

This further strengthens my support of Ilford.
    Eric
    Last edited by Eric Rose; 05-13-2007 at 11:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Who?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just saw that too!

That's awful. The loss of JandC is a loss to the entire traditional photographic community. True, there are other places to go for most of the stuff they carried, but some stuff we'll be in a real bind to find a distributor (like 3x4 film). I was really looking forward to seeing them come back and prosper.

That's just one more thing to lock me into a permanantly sour mood -- when *threats* of lawsuits can keep good people out of business.

Maybe there's only a fixed amount of decency in the world, and as the population grows, it becomes more and more indecent. Seems like that just now.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

thanks John

I just want to send out a thank you to John for his wonderful work and his helping all of out during this wacky transitional time in analog photography. He was foremost in supporting us for the APUG conference. He also just happens to be a really nice person and this whole thiing stinks-bigtime. Thank you john-and I' m sure that I speak for the majority here...good luck in whatever road you travel on next.
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I will second Peters statement
    without John stepping forward with cash in hand there never would of been an APUG conference and I would not have been priviledged to meet so many fine members of this community.
    JD Callow can fill in the $ figures if he feels it appropriate but it was the reason the conference moved forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    I just want to send out a thank you to John for his wonderful work and his helping all of out during this wacky transitional time in analog photography. He was foremost in supporting us for the APUG conference. He also just happens to be a really nice person and this whole thiing stinks-bigtime. Thank you john-and I' m sure that I speak for the majority here...good luck in whatever road you travel on next.
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sorry to see JandC go under as I really love the Adox 100 and classicpan 400 film. I wish I bought some paper from him too. I second what Bob Carnie said, John helped out with the conference in a big way both in a financial and just by showing up with product to sell.

One thing I have learned over the years, nature abhors a vacuumm. I would not be surprised if Fotimpex has a new North American partner at some point.

I wish John well.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This just sucks.

John deserves much better than this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To the extent that 'frivolous lawsuits' contributed to J and C's demise, one can only wonder how seemingly higher order primates can become brain dead parasites who kill the host. Stupid and sad.

I ordered 16x20 paper from John and knew it was the only place in the US that carried paper in 12x16 sizes. I'm so sorry. Best wishes to John for a happy turn of better fortune!
    John Voss

My Blog

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A very sad ending to something that looked so promissing. Best to you and your family John.
    Now i am very curious about the lawsuits, if they in any way are from people i currently deal with i would like to know so i could end that relationship very fast.

jan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    John is a great guy. I had the privilege of meeting him in Toronto. I hope things turn around for him, so that he can continue doing what he loves most - traditional photography.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin