Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,151   Online: 942

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Hello Simon Galley, flat FB?

Perhaps Simon could update us on the new flat FB paper and a projected launch date..Thanks..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am also very interested to hear.

K.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    AFAIK they made a change to their production and that's it. Whether your paper is affected depends on when it was produced.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have read this thread when it was current. I have new paper and see no difference in curling. The original thread made it sound as if the FB would be akin to RC for flatness..Just curious to have Simon's update.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have noticed that the new paper I have curls much less than the old. Looking at the two contacts that I made on Gallerie last night there is hardly any curl after drying face down on screens. They do require a little flattening. But compared to the past, they are flat already.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you think when this new paper hits the market there will be no need to speculate? I'm pretty sure there will be clarity in the form of a marketing push.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I should have just p.m.ed him, I mistakenly thought somebody else would be interested. If the new paper is imminent, I might not want to put any of the old stuff in the freezer..EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I mistakenly thought somebody else would be interested.
    Wait...wait...I'm still tuning my violin... :rolleyes:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To me it appears as if it already happened. But then again, I never really had any problems with Ilford curling before the change either. I bought a couple of boxes from the local camera store, and there were two different packages. One that just looked older (different label) and one that looked brand spankin' new. Guess which I picked. In 8x10 it appears as if the print dries flatter (emulsion side down on screens).

- Thomas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin