Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,044   Online: 1252

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FOMA B&W materials

I have recently become aware of a company called FOMA from the Czech Republic. I understand that they produce b&w film and paper (amongst other products).
    Does anyone have experience with this brand? If so, how does it compare with Ilford or other brands available in North America?
    Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Their film is good, I have some examples on my blog

http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/200...zech-firm.html

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have just moved to Forma Action 400 for my fast 35mm, and to Forma 200 for 4X5. I like the tones and grain of Forma 400 better than TriX or HP5. I have Forma paper as well, both RC and FB, so far so good although I dont know if I will use Forma as my paper of choice as I am still experimenting.

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks Paul and Mark

I'll look for Foma film. It might be a good replacement for other brands that are falling by the wayside. Now if it were only available in Canada...
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill,

you may also be interested in testing their papers. I've only had experience with their Fomatone so far, but that has been nothing but pleasure so far.

- Thomas

I really like Fomapan 100 sheet film. Fomabrom N111 looks like a very promising paper.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm a huge proponent of their sheet film. I love the Fomapan 200 - it has become my primary film in 5x7 format (what I shoot the most). I also like their papers - I have tried their regular variable contrast fiber paper, as well as their "chamois" finish warmtone paper. If you want to see some images shot with their film, I have a large number in my gallery here (you'll see the film listed as Arista.EDU Ultra, which is in fact the Fomapan 200).

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=6785

for example. That is a hand-coated palladium print on Bergger COT 320 paper.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have used Fomatone MG classic for lith printing, on Tim Rudman's advice. It gave me the beautiful orangy-peach tone I was looking for in a particular pair of images. I think I will stick with Ilford Warmtone for normal warm and sepia toned images, but for the right application Foma is great.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Love their 200 speed sheet film, but still prefer Pan F and FP4, especially in 120 roll film. Tough to beat the sheet film price, especially for Freestyle's relabeled Arista version.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've tried 3 different Foma papers (Fomabrom, Fomatone Glossy and Fomatone Chamois) and they all lith beautifully.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin