Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,074   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    I have used HC-110 with Delta100 with very satisfying results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always liked the way it looks in Rodinal 1+50 for 8.5 minutes. It's probably work nicely at 1+100 too - I'd guess around 18-20 minutes if you go easy on the agitation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You know, there's not a pictorial quality film made today that doesn't do well in D-76, or one of it's close cousins, either straight or 1+1. And if that's true, then it follows that it will perform just as well or maybe better in XTOL which was designed to be a "better" D-76. There's no need to get exotic here unless you want to. I process a lot of both Delta 100 and Delta 400 in either of these developers for a friend of mine and have never been disappointed with the results. There's no need to get exotic with this film unless you want to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the answers!

I think I will go for liquid. Either Rodinal, DD-X, HC110/Ilfotec HC or perhaps FX-39.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deepcore View Post
    I think I will go for liquid. Either Rodinal, DD-X, HC110/Ilfotec HC or perhaps FX-39.
    Stick with simple and cheap, i.e. try Rodinal and/or HC110/Ilfotec HC first and put your money into more tests and experimenting. Pays off in the long run

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, here's one more vote for Delta 100 in Rodinal. I used the digitaltruth.com times for 1:50 dilution and they look great with the 120 film.
    Have fun!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does no one use Ilford's DDX for Delta?
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I always used DDX with Delta films and found it produced results I was very happy with. I never compared it with anything else though.
    I would imagine that HC110 would produce equally good results, based on my past experience with that mixture.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    I always used DDX with Delta films and found it produced results I was very happy with. I never compared it with anything else though.
    I would imagine that HC110 would produce equally good results, based on my past experience with that mixture.
    Wouldn't DDX produce a noticeable increase in speed? I'm thinking of trying Delta100 instead of Neopan400 (35mm) because I'm looking for a bit more detail, but want to minimise the speed loss.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    Wouldn't DDX produce a noticeable increase in speed? I'm thinking of trying Delta100 instead of Neopan400 (35mm) because I'm looking for a bit more detail, but want to minimise the speed loss.
    It is said to give full speed rather than increased speed. I use it for D400 at 320 and find that even minor time reduction to compensate is unwise though (for my taste & kit)
    Tim
    Last edited by tim rudman; 05-29-2007 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin