Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,078   Online: 960

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Which developer for Delta 100

Hello

I have just shooted 4 x 120 rolls of Delta 100. This is my frist time using Delta 100 so want to know if you have any recommendations for which developer and dilution I should use.

I have T-MAX and Rodinal developers at school but I have read that these are not good developers for Delta 100 (?)

My best results so far was with Acros 100 in 1:100 Rodinal but I thought i´d give Delta 100 a try since Acros is not as available here, and I´m not to fan of TMAX 100.

BTW - The pictures taken are of landscapes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried Delta in Rodinal, D76/ID11, HC110, Neopress HC Pyrocat HD, DS10, DS12, FX2n aso. It turns out nice in about any developer as long as you get the time right.

If I were you Rodinal would be my first choice but take care: If you think your results are too grainy and lack resolution shorten the developement and lower your ISO-rating. Been there, done that.

Best

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Pyrocat (either HD, P or MC) with Delta 100
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear deepcore,

For every film-developer combination you will find posts that tell you how horrible or wonderful it is. Either of the developers that you have easy access to will work well with Delta100. The trick is for you to get the exposure and development to produce prints to your tastes.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nothing wrong with Delta 100 in Rodinal 1+25 or 1+50. Nice tonality, sharp grain and with 120 you've got nothing to worry about with the size of the grain unless you're printing very, very large.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I experimented with Ilfosol S, DD-X, and Rodinal before settling on Paterson Aculux. I find it to be sharp, fine-grained and with superb tonality. It's quite cheap too.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rodinal 1+50 for 8 minutes, I think this is a great combination, but it's for EI50. In any event, you have four rolls in a row, after the first you can adjust your time and agitation regardless of what you use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ID-11 or D76, diluted 1+1 is good enough for me. I used to soup it in XTOL(1+1), which is also very good. Delta100 in 120 is just stunning!

Cheers,
    omar

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    At present I use Ilfotec HC for everything. It seems to give nice results with everything too, so I'll be using it until all my 10 liters of concentrate are gone. And then I will buy some more...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Deepcore,

Tom Hoskinson likes delta 100 with Pyrocat. I can't stand the combination!
    This is what you are up against when you ask for recommendations.
    Delta 100 is very smooth toned. Pyrocat HD smooths the tones out even more. The result is like melted plastic; the last thing I want when I want to record textures such as weathered wood, peeling paint, rocks, etc.
    For this reason I no longer use delta 100 but if I did I would develop it in Rodinal, 1:25

Alan Clark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin