Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,007   Posts: 1,524,569   Online: 999

Shooter
    35mm RF

Is Microphen really the same as DD-X?

Yes? No? Maybe?

Anyone have some insight?

Has anyone developed Delta3200 in both and seen any difference?

Thanks,

HL

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No, because it can't be unless they reformulate Microphen. The dev agents used in a liquid concentrate have to be more resistant to hydrolysis and some of the other ingredients have to be more soluble (i.e. you can pack in more gm/l).

It is however as close to liquid Microphen as is reasonably possible. Microphen may deliver a tiny bit more speed (well under 1/3 stop, inside experimental error for most of us) and any variation in formulae gives different tonality.

Yes I have developed Delta 3200 in both and fractionally prefer Microphen, but I may have been seeing what I wanted to see and the difference ain't big enough to make me go back to Microphen from DD-X.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Roger that, Roger.
    ;-)

Thanks. I'm shooting a lot of Delta3200 these days. Here in the UK, DD-X is running 12 pounds sterling per bottle. A box of Microphen is a lot cheaper and if the results prove to be to my liking it may be a good alternatve.

thanks,

HL

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Roger,

"...but I may have been seeing what I wanted to see..."

We should all be so honest with ourselves when making such comparisons (along with pretty much everything else!).

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not really, but DDX coincidentally uses similar times.
    Mama took my APX away.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin