Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,795   Online: 977

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Tri-X Pan 320 in WD2D+

Anybody use this combination? I'm looking for a dilution/time/temp starting point. I know it's been done and people have reported a lot of aerial fog, but that can be overcome. I had a lot of aerial fog with this developer and Neopan 1600 to start, but upped the amount of solution A to 1.5:1 and have had excellent results since. I love the results I get with the WD2D+, and would love to get it to get along with TXP 320. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

w2d2

try 1:1:15 at about 13 minutes. I used to use this stuff but for tmax negs. now use pyrocat and never went back...
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Until a couple of years ago I used that combination of TXP and W2D2+ quite a lot. My notes say that I had settled on 1+1+50 for 8½ minutes at 22 °C.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Helen, that seems in line with projected times I had worked out. Did you have any issues with increased base fog or anything like that?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A quick mid-process update. Based on Helen B's starting point, I developed a roll of TXP 320 from an outing with the Holga. Overall, things look pretty decent - good enough, at least, to start. Aerial fog is excessive, so next time I will increase part A to 1.5:1:50, which has solved this issue for me with other films like Neopan 1600.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin