Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,054   Online: 937

Shooter
    Multi Format

Blue and green pre-flashing

Does anyone on here ever specifically target the high or low contrast emulsions when they pre-flash paper? I would assume that would be possible by using a filter over the light source when they do the flashing.

I'm just fishing for a little discussion about whether there's anything to be gained by doing that. I'd appreciate any comments by anyone who's given it any thought.

-Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave I don't believe there is any benefit in flashing with different grades. I flash many of my prints and tested this theory many years ago thinking of the potential benefits. However, when I compared the methods I detected no difference in the final results. I've also discussed this with Richard Ross of RH Designs and he came to the same conclusion when he carried out similar tests.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Les. That's exactly what I need to know.

-Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin