Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,765   Online: 873

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    vanspaendonck: do you mean to leave the dark slide in? if there is a light leak, wouldn't it fog with the dark slide in if it were the back?

also i am fairly unfamiliar with how the polaroid back works, if there was a light leak would it fog all sheets of film or it would need to be fogged each time once it came to the top?

thanks
    Last edited by ethylphenethylamine; 06-04-2007 at 10:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ethylphenethylamine View Post
    vanspaendonck: do you mean to leave the dark slide in? if there is a light leak, wouldn't it fog with the dark slide in if it were the back?

also i am fairly unfamiliar with how the polaroid back works, if there was a light leak would it fog all sheets of film or it would need to be fogged each time once it came to the top?

thanks
    Sorry, I was busy the last few days. I meant you should leave the dark slide out for this experiment. In other words: have the body plus back as if you are about to make an exposure, just don't operate the shutter and see if the light reaches the film from elswhere than through the lens alone. Of course, I am curious to learn if my hunch is correct. If this doesn't produce the pattern that shows in the pics you posted, I would investigate internal reflections in the body or in the back (though not very likely: a Mamiya is not a Lubitel)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just wanted to give an update. Last night i tried leaving the darkslide out for a few minutes with the polaroid back attached without firing the shutter. I ended up with a smallish white spot towards the middle of the image. I check the back again, made sure all was fitted properly and snapped a picture and all came out well, so I'm not sure what was happening. I will shoot more and see if anything else comes up.

Thanks for the replies...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, new pack of film and the problem is back. Different pattern tho. The first three had the pattern so I decided to pull one with the dark slide in just to make sure the film wasn't fogged or messed up to begin with. So it is happening after I pull the darkslide so I'm guessing that means I need to change the seal on the back? Anyone know where to get a new seal for a Mamiya Polaroid back? This is the type that I attached by removing the rotating back adapter and the polaroid back attaches directly to the camera...Or maybe the problem is somewhere else? I have never had fogging problems with any of the backs that attach to the rotating back...

Thanks for any help

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    strange after shooting the black frame #4, the next 5 6 and 7 have been good...hmmm....i did take off the back and mess with it a bit. i'm guessing a seal replacemen should still be in order...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin