Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,819   Online: 992

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    B&H Photo (online)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H or calumet for mono and local (CC Photo & Art) for color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At local shops for stuff they actually stock, which isn't much of what I've been using lately. Otherwise B&H, Calumet and Freestyle.
    I'm still trying to get my head around anticipating what film and other supplies, I may need a week or more in the future to allow for ordering and transit times.
    I'm sure that for some, anticipating a mere week ahead will make you laugh.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm in Germany, in the last year I made shopping on Internet at Fotoimpex (Adox films and TriX) and at Maco (some R3 and Agfa paper from the Black List). I go to a normal shop only if I need a single special film, otherwise the cost of shipment makes it unworth.
    About chemicals I need only the fixer with a certain frequency - I find it in a local shop.

Ciao

Elia
    Last edited by efreddi; 06-07-2007 at 06:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, a lot of links. I've heard of most of them, but it got me thinking...

I'm pretty sure it has been suggested before...

What we could use on APUG is a Big List Of Shops that sell analogue materials (maybe with some sub-categories: only film, darkroom consumeables, darkroom others, cameras), both on-line and real-life shops around the globe.

(Sorry if it has been said before...)

More on-topic: I usually place my bigger orders at foto Mayr; other resources include Fotohuis Rovo and "the local shop" (they are usually a bit more expensive, but I'm happy they still have *some* analogue stuff, so every now and then I show them my appreciation ).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of my 135 Fuji Neopan 400 in bulk, was from Megaperls in Japan. Now that Fuji has stopped bulk 135, I'll revert back to Ilford when I re-order.

Ilford 4x5 sheet film just last month from Badger in 100 sheet boxes. This product is not available in Australia and I've been told it won't be in the future.

I have bought Ilford paper from a small Foto shop in Germany near Stuttgart, for Postcard paper that isn't available in Australia.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjoo View Post
    Where do you guys buy your film?
    Depends. A lot of times when I travel for extended periods, I'll buy my film locally. For example in LA at A&I, Samy's or Simon's; in Chicago at Helix or Central Camera; in London at Metro; in Toronto at Elm, Henry's, TIW, Downtown Camera or Vistek's; and in in NYC at B&H or Adorama.

B&H and Adorama are great places to buy as they have frequent out of date, short date or other film specials.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My local stores, such as they are, don't have much, at least in 120. I have bought on-line happily at Freestyle and B&H. I generally go with B&H because being near Philadelphia, a Monday evening on-line order shipped normal UPS Ground is usually in my hands on Wednesday afternoon -- it's almost as good as going to a shop!

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle for B&W.
    B&H for colour.
    If I had to buy in Canada it would be PhotoCo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    All of my 135 Fuji Neopan 400 in bulk, was from Megaperls in Japan. Now that Fuji has stopped bulk 135, I'll revert back to Ilford when I re-order.
    Just as a side note: Fuji has stopped bulk 135, but m e g a p e r l s is not out of stock yet, so if you still want some, go and order.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin