Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,371   Online: 1198

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Where do you buy your film?

Sorry, I did a search and could not find any results.

Where do you guys buy your film?

And sorry if this is not the correct forum!

Thanks,

Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Online, at the store (specialty and general) etc.

Wherever has what I want .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Locally I buy it at a couple different places (most commonly from Calumet, but also EP Levine's, Hunts Photo, and Zeff Photo).

Online I've bought it from B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, Megaperls, and E-bay. J&C is gone now, but that was a great place to do business. Of the ones still around, E-bay is a great place to look for recently expired film and rare film, but you'll generally get no special deals for new film. Freestyle is just all around wonderful -- and you'll find some unusual films there like the whole Efke line, Arista films, orthochromatic films, etc that you can't get elsewhere. From B&H and Adorama the prices are basically standard, and you have to weigh the cost of shipping against the cost of sales tax if you buy it locally. But they have basically every standard film and more, esp at B&H.
    Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    Freestlye Photo is good.
    Adorama is good as well.

I have bought stuff from both, but I think Freestyle is a little bit cheaper. They also have some good film deals. I think it's like 1 roll 24 exposure (B&W) for around 1.50 USD. (For their brand of course)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought a lot of film from eBay in the past, and still have a sizable stash from those endeavors. But I've come to the point where I want a more stable supply of my favorites Tri-X and FP4+, so I've started purchasing it either locally (to support availability locally) and larger orders from Freestyle. Same with paper. Chemistry I have almost exclusively bought from Photographer's Formulary, Fine Art Photo Supply, and locally (National Camera).
    Use what suits your purposes.
    - Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jasonjoo,

The least expensive photo store for film in the Los Angeles area is Samy's. Calumet and Bel Air are higher. Freestyle specialized in Black and White - go on line and order their free catalog.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From whoever has what I want . Usually a mix of Photographic Wholesalers (a local store), Vanbar in Melbourne, eBay, and Freestyle Photo in America.
    eBay is a pretty good place to get film if you search around.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    B&H Photo (online)
    Ebay
    Freestyle

In that order -
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for sharing! I previously bought a few rolls here and there from B&H as well. Freestyle seems like a great online resource as well.

Stever, I will have to check out Samy's. The times that I went, I went directly to their digital floor, but will check out their film selection next time! I wonder if their Father's Day sale discount will be applicable to film... I hope so!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason:

Where are you?

That information is critical (I'd heartily recommend you indicate, at least generally (i.e. Country, and possibly area) your location in your APUG profile.

I live in Canada, and I started an entire thread on a similar issue.

Matt

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin