Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,927   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for link. Will check once-in-a-while and see if any info is posted in English. I'm afraid my Ferman only streches as far as ordering wheatbeer...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can order wheatbeer in German too!

Unfortunate typo above...!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumzinho View Post
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows how to develop the Agfa Scala films?
    I've developed Rollei RSD (which have an amazing quality) and I was wondering if would be possible to develop Agfa Scala.

Cheers,
    JSV
    I am guessing that Rollei Infrared and Agfa Scala can be processed with identical parameters, but I still have to proof that.

See http://home.snafu.de/jens.osbahr/pho...r_reversal.pdf
    There is nothing like Scala? There are various alternatives!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum228/...cala-200x.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ...if the RSD has such amazing quality, why don't you keep using it? There are published recipes on this website for you to use, simply do a search.

dw

www.dr5.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rumzinho View Post
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows how to develop the Agfa Scala films?
    I've developed Rollei RSD (which have an amazing quality) and I was wondering if would be possible to develop Agfa Scala.

Cheers,
    JSV

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    ...if the RSD has such amazing quality, why don't you keep using it? There are published recipes on this website for you to use, simply do a search.

dw

www.dr5.com
    Probably film speed. -6 DIN*/0.2 ASA is a bit challenging...

*Note the negative sign.
    There is nothing like Scala? There are various alternatives!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum228/...cala-200x.html

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hans,

I never used that film but by looking at the original Agfa datasheet and the characteristic curve given there (Agfa does not give speed figures for this film) I assume it would have roughly 12 ASA. Maco states 50 ASA: But as Agfa gained their curve at tungsten lighting and it is an orthochromatic film and Maco may have made their measurements with daylight (corresponding to Maco's suggested use as camera film) the rating of the latter seems ok to me.

Or did I get something terribly wrong?
    Last edited by AgX; 07-13-2007 at 08:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post

Or did I get something terribly wrong?
    Maybe.
    Quote from the current datasheet here: http://www.mahn.net/DL_MAHN/RSDengl.pdf

For this, the value is ISO 6 to adjust - at the exposure meter and/or at the camera, afterwards, row exposures with gradual over exposures are recommended around in each case a full f/stop. With an over exposure of four (4) to five (5) f/stops, achieves best results, as the specified examples occupy impressively.
    Since this is not too good english let me describe it based on the german datasheet:
    1. set yout meter to 6 ASA.
    2. start an exposure sequence starting with normal exposure and add 1 stop per frame
    3. best exposure should be ca. +4 to 5 stops.

They started advertising at photokina with 25 to 50 ASA but had to correct this...
    Regards,
    Andreas

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry,

I referred to their first datasheet in German on this film. I did not realize that they released a different edition...
    (Here the problems of making an ultimate and up-to-date availibility list show up.)

Anyway, I just compared the characteristic curve (Agfa) of this film with another Agfa film (panchromatic / standard reversal) rated at 200 ASA. That showed roughly a difference of 1,2 log units in speed, which would make 4 stops or 12 ASA. Not yet taking into account the different sensitation. So much about theory...
    Last edited by AgX; 07-13-2007 at 01:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This all is quite enigmatic to me...

Does it mean that Maco, as I, went erroneously on the same wrong path while calculating this films speed?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In trying to deduce the speed of this direct reversal film I did not take into account that the reversal film which I chose for comparison of the curves has a higher Dmax. Considering this still would only show the film in question one or two stops slower than I assumed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin