Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,538   Online: 853

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Or did I get something terribly wrong?
    Yes, I think so. Have a look at
    http://home.snafu.de/jens.osbahr/pho...r_reversal.pdf chapter 7 "Rollei Slide Direct" and Table 1 "Rollei Slide Direct, exposure in bright sunlight".

Please also note the two links given there to related information from Rollei/Maco. I have had a chat with a person from Monochrom.com in Berlin, and this guy has told the same story about RSD speed from his own practical experience.

Maybe Rollei/Maco expresses film speed in such a complicated way because many exposure meters cannot be set to speeds lower than 6 ASA and users would be confused how to set their equipment to 0.2 ASA.
    There is nothing like Scala? There are various alternatives!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum228/...cala-200x.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We'd like to thank Gavin for his support of dr5. He is one of our biggest UK clients and a good shooter to boot!

best regards.

dw

www.dr5.com

Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Hello, thanks for info. Do you have a website address for the German company you refer to which does reverse processing?

I use dr5 a lot and think it is wonderful. Top quality, excellent customer service. I particularly like Ilford SFX and Delta 100 dr5 reverse processed. I send my films from Scotland to the USA and have never had any problems. Would urge anyone wondering what it's like to give dr5 a go.

Best wishes,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa Scala is a reversal film designed to produce black and white transparncies. If you want transparencies, you will have to reversal process the film. Agfa kept the processing it used for Scala proprietary, so some experimentation will be required unless someone out there has experience with this. The chemicals and process used to reversal process Kodak TMax 100 may be a good starting point. You might also look at motion picture reversal processing chemicals and procedures.

A long time ago, I used some reversal motion picture film as still camera negative film. This was some old duPont stuff I picked up. It worked, but it tended toward high contrast and blocked highlights. Still, with care, you should be able to use Scala as a negative film. The other contributors have given some reasonable starting points.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    We'd like to thank Gavin for his support of dr5. He is one of our biggest UK clients and a good shooter to boot!

best regards.

dw

www.dr5.com
    Aw shucks...!

For those who don't know me, I've no connection to dr5 other than as a customer who is very pleased at the quality service they offer. I've been using the service exclusivey for several years and it delivers consistently excellent results. It's a pleasure to recommend such a unique service to other photographers.

Cheers,
    Gavin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin