Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,733   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds likely that your negs are on the contrasty side. I develop TXT 320 in a jobo on a beseler motor base in Pyrocat MC 1+1+100 10 minutes 68C and those negatives are good for Pt/Pd printing and a grade 1 silver paper. Great combo by the way.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In regards to the Tri-X 400, since you're in a jobo tank, you want to probably shorten this time appropriately, but with Pyrocat-HD 1+1+100, I've developed at 70*F, 8 minutes, after exposing the film somewhere around EI 160-200 to avoid a flat toe. Prints really well on grade 2 papers.
    But of course the time depends on how the light is. My latest batch was in very bright sunlight, but I changed the agitation instead to every three minutes instead of every minute. That really helps hold the highlights back.
    And I see a lot of stain on Tri-X film too, but don't judge until you print them.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin