Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,345   Online: 1127

Pyrocat Stand development with hangers

Hi,
    I have been successfully using stand develoment in tubes for 4x5 negatives for some time now. I want to do some 8x10 and 5x7 negatives also. Has anyone had experience using hangers for stand development?
    Thanks
    Art

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yes and it works quite well.

Shooter
    Multi Format

8x10 stand developing/ PyrocatHD with hangers

I would be interested in trying this combination, but have a question about the minimal amount of liquid at the required dilution in order to build new plexi tanks.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have been using minimal agitation with Pyrocat HD 1:1:150 in tanks with hangers and love the results I get. I've been doing 4x5 and 8x10 so far. I have 5x7 tanks and just haven't shot the 5x7 yet. I think I use 2000 ml or 3000 ml. for my 8x10 tanks. The amount you will need depends on the size of the tanks. I would suggest measuring some water and pouring it in the tank and put a hanger in and make sure you get full coverage. I think I can get 4 or 5 hangers in the 8x10 tank. Remember or write down the amount and you are good to go. The Pyrocat HD is cheap if you mix your own and the resultsd are great. I develop by inspection with this method so I can taylor my negs to my printing process.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I built my own tanks out of clear acrylic. I think it's stronger. Make them out of 1/4 in, less is too flexy. Inside dimensions are 10.5x10.5x2.5. perfect for 4 8x10 hangers and 4L of developer. For 4x5 I use 4up 8x10 hangers. I also made a tank for 4x5, 5.5x5.5x2.5 for 1L, again out of clear acrylic. using NVG's I can watch development. I use pcat-p 1.5:1:200 = 30a plus 20b for 4L. I havent tried it with 5x7 yet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin