Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,954   Online: 1222

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the dimpled pressure plate theory. Year's back, I ran a roll of HIE through a Canonet G-III which uses two large "rivets" to attach the pressure plate to the camera back. When I processed the film the two rivets were softly, but annoyingly, in the background. I've learned to look at the pressure plate before putting a roll of HIE in a 35mm camera.

Jim B.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    For further information I did not prewash and i did use acid stop and fix. The blothches are not all round. Would pinholes be?

Thanks Jaap Jan
    I see tons of that stuff on my really expired 4x5 HIE. Always blamed it on the age of the film but maybe it's something else?

I use ID-11, acid stop, and ilford rapid fixer. Rotary processing.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Isn't HIE sensitive to gamma radiation?

Gamma radiation can cause fogging if stored over a long period of time
    I've heard but it's not as prevalent as light, in radiation terms.
    I don't know how Alpha and Beta radiation would affect it, if it would.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you really want to solve this problem just put Edwal LFN into your developer. I had the same problem pre internet days and was always exacerbated by the air bells. LFN fixed this for me and I have never developed any roll of film since without using it, and have never since had an air bell. HIE is horrible for air bells, I don't know why. Pre wetting is also a good idea, but I only do that with Pyrocat and Pyro to get an even stain. LFN solved my problems with HIE. I doubt you would get a bad batch of film with Kodak. They are just too good at quality control. Foma and others.......

Patrick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin