Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,222   Online: 1045
      
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,534
    Joshua, there's a list of all the formulae near the front of the book, with the relevant page numbers for each one.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-19-2007 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: neologisms!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Joshua, there's a list of all the formulae near the front of the book, with the relevant page numbers for each one.
    Thank you.
    Okay, I found it – D-96A.
    What's the difference between D-76A and Xtol/Mytol?

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,091
    Btw,the formula for FX-37 given in the Film Developing Cookbook is wrong, it gives 10x too much benzotriazole. The correct formula, as originally given in BJP 03-27-96,is given in the Apug articles section,which also mentions Crawley's recent suggestion to replace the benzotriazole by an increase in potassium bromide.I can confirm this works OK.

  4. #44
    gainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,726
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
    Thank you.
    Okay, I found it – D-96A.
    What's the difference between D-76A and Xtol/Mytol?
    Metol and hydroquinone in D-76, phenidone or Dimezone and sodium ascorbate in Xtol/Mytol if you are asking about formulae. Xtol specifies isoascorbate, also known as erythorbate. The ascorbate and erythorbate are mirror images. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C and erythorbic acid is not, but film cannot tell the difference.
    Gadget Gainer

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    Metol and hydroquinone in D-76, phenidone or Dimezone and sodium ascorbate in Xtol/Mytol if you are asking about formulae. Xtol specifies isoascorbate, also known as erythorbate. The ascorbate and erythorbate are mirror images. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C and erythorbic acid is not, but film cannot tell the difference.
    Thank you.
    I meant asking about the differences in pictorial qualities of the negative developed in each developer.

  6. #46
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,534
    Something that's worked for me is to establish your (say) 3 favourite films and developers, and then every so often, try a new dev with your chosen films and vice versa. That way you can experiment without just thrashing around.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin