Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,222   Online: 1045

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Joshua, there's a list of all the formulae near the front of the book, with the relevant page numbers for each one.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-19-2007 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: neologisms!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Joshua, there's a list of all the formulae near the front of the book, with the relevant page numbers for each one.
    Thank you.
    Okay, I found it – D-96A.
    What's the difference between D-76A and Xtol/Mytol?

Btw,the formula for FX-37 given in the Film Developing Cookbook is wrong, it gives 10x too much benzotriazole. The correct formula, as originally given in BJP 03-27-96,is given in the Apug articles section,which also mentions Crawley's recent suggestion to replace the benzotriazole by an increase in potassium bromide.I can confirm this works OK.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
    Thank you.
    Okay, I found it – D-96A.
    What's the difference between D-76A and Xtol/Mytol?
    Metol and hydroquinone in D-76, phenidone or Dimezone and sodium ascorbate in Xtol/Mytol if you are asking about formulae. Xtol specifies isoascorbate, also known as erythorbate. The ascorbate and erythorbate are mirror images. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C and erythorbic acid is not, but film cannot tell the difference.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    Metol and hydroquinone in D-76, phenidone or Dimezone and sodium ascorbate in Xtol/Mytol if you are asking about formulae. Xtol specifies isoascorbate, also known as erythorbate. The ascorbate and erythorbate are mirror images. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C and erythorbic acid is not, but film cannot tell the difference.
    Thank you.
    I meant asking about the differences in pictorial qualities of the negative developed in each developer.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Something that's worked for me is to establish your (say) 3 favourite films and developers, and then every so often, try a new dev with your chosen films and vice versa. That way you can experiment without just thrashing around.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin