Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,754   Online: 1099

View Poll Results: What about a 72 exposures 35mm B&W iso 400 film

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I see some advantages in such a film

17 20.48%
  • No, I don't see any advantages at all

66 79.52%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format

Any news?

Is there any more news on this film? Has it gone into production yet and do any dealers have it in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    OK. Everybody thanks for the input.

The decision has been made that this film will be available from Oktober 2007 in bulk 30,5m or maybe 50m only so that for these special users there is maximum flexibility how to use it.

USA dealers who are interested can contact me. I will forward them to the manufacturer.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the mean time the new Rollei film is there:

Rollei SUPERPAN 200 S80

135-72 (approx. 330cm lenght) and bulk-film with approx. 51 Meter (20") lenght.

It's in fact a thinner layer version from the new Rollei Pan 200 prof. which is going to be introduced on the Photokina 2008 in Cologne in 35mm, 120 roll film and sheet film.
    This film will replace the Rollei Retro 100/400 (READ Agfa APX 100/400 (new) ) films which worldwide stock is going to be depleted during this year (2008).

Here a first impression and test (in Moersch FINOL-staining developer) of the new Rollei SUPER Pan 200 prof. film:

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/Superpan.pdf

Enjoy the new material!

Best regards and have a nice week end!

Robert

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The tests look interesting, but how does one process a 72 exp. roll of film? I have a Lomo tank for movie film, but that's a lot of chemistry for 72 exp., and most people don't have these or the old Ilford 72 exp. reels. Is Rollei coming out with a reel and tank for this purpose?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Indeed: Movietank, Ilford (72) reels or make a marker around 40 exposures (sticker-on the film surface, via the lens opening) so that you can find the marker back and cut the film for an e.g. 2x 135-40 1520 Jobo tank reel development.

For commercial development it will not be any problem in a standard roller machine.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format

72 exp film

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Robert,

That material is originally designed for aero cameras with suction plates. Have you considerd that flatness issue with our common 35mm cameras?

At least, my CONTAX RTS III will be working perfectly with this new film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I still have nine cans of 68m lengths of thin based Agfa 400 ASA (now past its exp date), it is most convenient in that you load the bulk loader with more. But you can still load the cassette with 36, and load normal reels. I'd buy some more of the longer bulk cans if they were available.
    Now 220 would allow me to use more film in my Roll film cameras, and I could still process it, so the marketing people seem to me trying to sell ice cream to Eskimos? I spend ages loading 120 film in a shoot, a blad and 10 backs in only 120 exp.
    Longer bulk loads and 220 I'll buy, 72 exp cassettes I'd not buy.
    Noel

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin