Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,648   Online: 1046

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

What kind of paper...

..is in the new Tetenal Baryt Vario package ? I have tried it, it's not bad, if we ignore the fact that 4 sheets in the 30-sh package had no emulsion coated on them. But I would like to know who makes it... can someone help me ?

Additionally, who knows what paper lies in the Wephota packages labeled "BN" and BBN" ? The one is warmtoned (a little yellowish, reminds me of Fomatone Classic, but unfortunately it isn't) and the other neutral...

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    If you compare the datasheets it seems, that someone has copied the contents from Kentmere fineprint VC.
    The RC is Kentmere VC select.

Wephota cuts, afaik, Forte and Foma. So, if it isn't Fomatone, it's probably Polywarmtone and Polygrade.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dear Andreas,
    This is most interesting, thank you for the tip.

The Wephota papers are graded (festgradation -????-)... so they must be Fomatone and Fomabrom, but not Polygrade or Polywarmtone...

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    George, I suggest to contact Mr. Grohmann from Banse & Grohmann (wephota). Their pricelist is here: http://www.wephota.de/down/wephota/wepr.pdf.

Since they cut film and paper themselves, they are able to cut exotic sizes. Even more, I was told that you can test, lets say, 4x5 film and then order other sizes from the same emulsion.

Wephota has graded and variocontrast papers.
    Last edited by ath; 07-21-2007 at 04:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Wephota Warmtone Graded looks a lot like Fomatone Classic. I tried it in KRST 1+3 for 10 minutes and it came out COMPLETELY purple-brown... :o I have never seen this strong a reaction of a paper to Selenium, unless it was a lith print... OTOH, the other paper (not warmtone) has reacted only a little more than the Tetenal Baryt Vario (as you say, Kentmere Fineprint VC Select) which did not react at all...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin