Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,243   Online: 1055

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

3200 ASA B&W films developing suggestions

hello all,
    i have some delta 3200 and i just got some kodak 3200 film. i shot the delta at 1600 and souped it in hc110 dil h for 18 min and got some good stuff.

i am going to a pro mountain bike race this weekend and would like to try some of these two films while i am there. i do not really have time (and i do not want to waste the few rolls i have ) to test them. i would like to shoot them at 3200 and possibly 6400. i use hc110 most often(95% of the time), D76 at times and i have some tmax developer that i was going to try a long time ago. any suggestions would be great. i read the thread about delta at 12,500 in D76 and it sounds promising. anyone use hc110 for this application ? what are your experiences?

the downhill part of the race is in the forest so my metering should be about the same for all of my shots. i plan to develop 1 roll at a time and make necessary adjustments as i go.

thanks

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I preferred exposing the original Kodak T-Max 3200 at an Exposure Index of 1600 and developing in T-Max developer as Kodak recommended for EI 3200. This gave good shadow detail without blowing highlights in indoor sports.

Shooter
    35mm
    Eddie. I had previously used Ilford D3200 with ID11(D76 equivalent) and I thought I had reasonablle prints from the negs until I recently tried D3200 at box speed with Perceptol at stock solution. The prints were noticeably less grainy at 5x8 inches. I used 19.5 mins not the 18 mins recommended by Ilford and think that at least 20 mins would be better.

The downside is that at stock and using small(250ml) tanks a 1 litre packet only does 4 films. Oh and the dev time is long but if it must be D3200 then it's worth it IMHO if as small a grain as possible is your aim.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm

Developing 3200 Speed Film

I like the Kodak TMZ in Clayton F60 at 1:10 and in undiluted Microphen. TMX has very nice sharpness but developing it in straight Perceptol or Microdol-X will lower that sharpness. These developers will also lower your effective speed somewhat. The Ilford 3200 is a lower contrast film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Make that TMZ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Xtol, DD-X, Michrophen, D76, and TMax would be good choices. HC110 is a nice developer, but, ceterus peribus, it'll give slightly less film speed and larger grain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin