Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,523   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Source for sheet film, supplies?

With J&C gone I'm left with the chains to buy film for my 5x7 habit. The offerings in this dissapearing format are slim in most chains. What is a good, photographer-friendly source for sheet film in format other than 4x5? Also for developers and paper, as my local chain has stopped stocking those (the idiots went full digital: ask for photographic paper and they point at the printer paper!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle.

Developer mix your own?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear ragc,

Badger Graphic, Central Camera, Helix, Calumet... Apologies to all the fine vendors I've omitted.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    5x7 is probably the third most popular LF film size, after 4x5 and 8x10, at least in the USA. Certainly more popular than 11x14, 8x20, etc. Every film manufacturer that offers sheet film has some 5x7 available. The vendors for film that advertise on this forum all can supply you with 5x7 in b/w emulsions. Also, probably the most comprehensive online store (at this moment) for large format film (particularly in black and white) is Freestyle Photographic. They have their own "Arista" private label which is Foma, then they also offer Foma, Efke, Ilford, Kodak, Bergger. They have just about all the brands that are made (with the exception of Fuji and obscure Chinese brands). 5x7 is a "stock" size for most manufacturers still, at least for some emulsions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin