Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,207   Online: 1057

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    ......Don't tell me there is actually a thread you haven't posted in
    Booyah!

Thanks for getting this done Simon.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Ilford and Simon! As soon as I can get hold of a phone card I'll order one of each! You went through a lot of trouble to get this out to us Ilford lovers. You guys are awesome!
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    I was hoping for an online order system too, but since this is the case, making an international call to the UK isn't so hard with an international calling card. Thanks, Simon and everyone else at Ilford Photo for making this possible!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Simon,
    I love the logo, the shirts are exactly as I expected, and the price is better than I expected. I will be getting one each (after spousal authorization).

Thank you very much!

Jstraw there was a long thread where the shirts were discussed and these styles announced-- Don't tell me there is actually a thread you haven't posted in -- there were at least as many against tee's as there were for and at the end of the day Ilford will decide where their logo will appear. Cafe press is far lower quality and I’m glad that Ilford avoided that route.

As the saying goes no good deed shall go unpunished...:rolleyes:
    Simon can take it. He's here as a representative of a company that chooses to have a human point of contact with a portion of it's customer base. Punishment? I doubt that. I'm speaking to a company as one of its customers and expressing my preference.

While I do recall that plenty of people requested items other than t-shirts (including coffee mugs), my memory is that the clamor was for t-shirts and that as soon as Simon announced the corporate ruling, the disappointmet was palpable.

I don't like it but I think I understand it. I see no reason not to reiturate that some of really do want a t-shirt and really do want to be able to order online.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Got mine, hopefully the XL will be correct for me.

Kevin, what size did you order?

Mick.
    I ordered one rugby and two polos, all medium, on my Diners. But they called me back and advised that they didn't take Diners, so then I asked about the sizes. The very helpful lady (Helen?) opened one of each and said that the rugbies are very generously sized, so I got a medium rugby and large polos. I must say I was very impressed with the helpful service and the fact that they actually called me back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I don't like it but I think I understand it. I see no reason not to reiturate that some of really do want a t-shirt and really do want to be able to order online.
    I really wanted a t shirt, and I really wanted to be able to order online, too.

But that won't stop me from making the call tomorrow. Wait, what's the time difference between Puerto Rico and UK???

Michael- just to let you know you aren't the only one.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Simon!
    I like the shirts and have been bummed ever since this morning when I found I'd have to call to order one.
    Is there any way you could set something up with Sean so we could order them through the APUG PayPal system? I have no problem paying a tad extra to cover the use of PayPal if you guys can work this out.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin, thanks for that, it looks as though the XL I ordered should cater for my size:-)

Yes, the lady who took my call was extremely pleasant and helpful stating that they had just pulled out one of the shirts and measured it. As I wasn't too long after you, I assume they had opened it for you. It really was a pleasant conversation, not the typical name, number, rank type of phone ordering I have experienced in the past.

For those who have a problem with making a telephone call to the UK like Ole offshore, I sympathise, for everyone else you just have to pick up the phone and dial.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mick, if L fits me, two of you will fit into an XL.

Yes, it was the most polite customer service call I remember in a long time.

Shooter
    35mm
    If I wear Small to Medium-sized clothing at the GAP in Canada, what sizes should I order for the Ilford polo shirts? I checked my button-up long sleeve shirts and they say 15 1/2.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin