Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,298   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree that AGFA MCP is the best RC paper on the market today. But Ilford MG IV is very close to it. IMO it is essential to use an infrared RC dryer to get the most out of these papers. I get a DMax of 2,2 logD from both MCP and MG IV, but the whites are slightly more pleasing on MCP. Of course, Dmax and general appearence depend on the developer used. My standard one is Amaloco AM 6006.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try Arista from Freestyle Camera; it's repackaged Ilford at a lower price. The pearl surface is pleasant; it's not real FB, but it's not bad, and should suit you.
    Steven
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

hello, i use for all my proofsprints classic arts polywarmtone rc paper, it is rebadged forte paper, cheap and very BEAUTIFULL, foto impex in berlin sells it,
    regards jelke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you like glossy RC paper, check out seagull. I got a box a while back and it was a great paper.

Another vote for Agfa.
    - William Levitt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it's definitely Agfa and Amaloco for me
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For proofing go with the Arista or Adorama if they still offer it. If you want to produce finished prints with neutral to a colder tone, Kodak Polymax RC in Agfa Neutol Plus and selenium 1-9 for 2 minutes. If the Agfa RC is close to the fiber version I would highly recommend it for final prints also.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your final prints are on Berger warm tone fibre paper I would suggest you try Ilford Warmtone RC.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Kodak's RC paper is pretty good. For me it is available and cheap. I had some Agfa stuff that was very aged and once burned twice shy. Around here off the shelf Forte and Agfa and Ilford and Kodak. I buy Oriental FB when I am in LA but AFAIK there ain't no Orential paper here in the Metromess.

lee\c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin