Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,559   Online: 1031

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Pushing Ilford XP2S?

Has anyone every tried pushing this film to 1600?? If so, how d'you find it? Thanks!
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This film can yield good result to up to 800 EI. However, when I tried to push it to 1600 EI, it yielded unsatisfactory results. Resolution diminishes and the image seemed to be grainier than have expected.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Many, many years ago I ran some speed tests with either XP1 or XP2 and found the speed to be EI 125. It was absolutely wonderful at that speed. Pushing it basically caused more fog without any real gain in speed, maybe a third stop with very extended development. Perhaps the new stuff behaves differently.

Joe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin