Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,789   Online: 717

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wonder if this could somehow be used in Photographic paper one day?

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?...p?id=ns99993356

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just as interesting, I wonder if it could be applied to lens coatings to reduce flare and reflections.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Since it consists of creating an etched or "cratered" surface, I would think that it would have broader application used as a coating on the interior of lens barrels, enlarger lens boards, negative stages, and even negative carriers to decrease the possibility of flare. I personally don't see it used as a means to achieve a deeper black on paper or on the optical surfaces of lenses for the reasons that etching or "cratering" the surface would probably be detrimental to the image.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder if it reflects radar and laser? I should paint the front and back of my car with this stuff. It might reduce my speeding ticket count!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would not be surprised to see it appear on the inside of some of the flagship camera bodies that will come out in a few years. Simply because it is yet another new feature to sell....

Ten bucks says they call it Superflocking or Ultraflock or something like that.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Funny - I can remember something similar being invented/discovered about 15 years ago...
    At that time, it was an etched platinum alloy which was a lot blacker than all previous blacks.

Have we seen many lenses or bodies with this coating inside?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    You guys!!! you are easily impressed, you want to see black? really, really black?? like black hole black?......if you do let me know and I will send you one of my overexposed, overdeveloped negatives......does not get any darker than them....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jorge,
    I have an idea for you. Take those down to your local welding supply store...they will pay you for those!!!!...very effective at shielding ones eyes from the arc of that blinding light.

And think of it, if you will, of the tremendous sense of contributation to the wellbeing of your fellow man that you will experience. You will become known as Saint Jorge, patron saint of the blind.

And to think that we all knew you "when".!!!!

Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some negatives like that too. Save them, they make good filters for looking at solar eclipses. The blacker, the better. But, they have to be black and white film, color film will not work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ Feb 8 2003, 08:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Jorge,
    I have an idea for you. Take those down to your local welding supply store...they will pay you for those&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;...very effective at shielding ones eyes from the arc of that blinding light.

And think of it, if you will, of the tremendous sense of contributation to the wellbeing of your fellow man that you will experience. You will become known as Saint Jorge, patron saint of the blind.

And to think that we all knew you &quot;when&quot;.&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Well, the way things are now, I would get sued the first time someone welded their finger because they could not see the light...they are that dark you know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin