Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,676   Online: 1138

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am trying to come up with a formula for high contrast A and B lith developer. If anyone has a formula for this developer, I would certainly appreciate receiving it. Thanks
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    D85

Solution A

water @ 125f 500ml
    sod sulphite 36.5gr
    boric acid crystals 9.4gr
    Hydroquinone 28.9gr
    pot bromide 2.0gr
    water to make 1000ml

Solution B

water @ 90f 500ml
    sod bisulphite 11.0gr
    sod sulphite 1.0gr
    paraformadehyde 37.5gr
    water to make 1000ml

Dilution- I would sugest a starting point of 1 part both A and B to 4 parts water.
    the colour and contrast of lith prints is controlled by exposure abd development and generally the colours are more variable when the developer is getting toward the end of it's working life hence starting with a higher dilution.

ID13

Solution A

water @ 50c 750ml
    hydroquinone 25.0gr
    pot metabisulphite 25.0gr
    pot bromide 25.0gr
    water to make 1000ml

Solution B

water @ 30c 750ml
    pot hydroxide 50.0gr
    water to make 1000ml

please note add hydroxide slowly to the water it is a nasty chemical

dilution- for lith printing start with 1 part A and B to 4 parts water and the same applies as above with regard to the effect of dilution

You can use this developer to increase contrast in conventional black and white printing but with a dilution of 1 part A to 1 part B with no water added.

Have fun.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Large Format
    Les, Thank you for the formulas. I guess that I should have been clearer in my initial post. I intend to use the A and B developer for high contrast sharp cutting printing masks. Will the formulas that you posted be usable as a lith film developer?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, particularly the D85 but the suggested dilution relates to lith prints so you will need to test for the best dilution for film.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Large Format
    Les, Thanks again. As I recall most AB developers for lith printing are diluted on the order of 6 or 9 to one as opposed to straight A and B for lith film. At least the old Kodalith AB that I had was used undiluted. I appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Donald Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin